3rd May 2012, 11:30 AM
jagritisonkar

Can a female candidate join Navy after completion of 12th class with 63% of marks?

can a female candidate join navy?
I want to join navy.i passed 12th with pcm with 63% . can i join navy?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do BCA course without having Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy after completing 10th being a female candidate? -- [New]
  3. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  4. Qualification for ICWA direct admission?
  5. Can I become an Officer in Indian Navy after completing 12th being a female candidate?
  6. How can I join Indian Army being a 12th female candidate? Qualification required to join?
  7. How can I join Indian Navy after completion of 12th with Maths with 67.69% of marks?
  8. Last date to fill the application form to get admission for BA or B.Sc courses?
  9. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy as Officer after completion of 12th Class?
  10. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of 10th Class with 66% of marks?
  11. Procedure and eligibility to join Merchant Navy for a candidate who has secured 76% in 12th Science of NIOS Board?
  12. Can I join Army, Air Force and Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
  13. How to join Merchant Navy after passing class 12th? I have scored 80% marks
  14. Detailed Information regarding ICWA, CFA and CS courses? Required Qualification to do these courses? Procedure to get admission for these courses?
  15. How to join Air Force, Navy and Army after completion of 12th Class with Commerce?
  16. How much is the percentage needed for CBSE students to get admission?
  17. How to join B.Ed course after completion of B.Com course with 46% in the year of 1997 being a female candidate from General category?
  18. Can I join Navy having secured 49% in 12th class and doing 1st year of Mechanical Engineering?
3rd May 2012, 01:25 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a female candidate join Navy after completion of 12th class with 63% of marks?

I am sorry to say that female candidates are not eligible to join after completion of their 12th class and irrespective of the percentage of marks that they secured in their 12th class.

The only way that a candidate can join Navy after completion of 12th class is by cracking NDA Exam.

This NDA Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year and which is the common Entrance Exam for the candidates to be placed in the following Defence services
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing.

In order to be eligible for Navy and Air Force wings, one should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.

But, no such compulsory subjects required for the candidates to join Army wing. Candidates of any stream in 12th class are eligible to apply for Army wing after completion of their 12th class.

Candidates who have given final year exams of 12th class and waiting for the result can also give this Exam.

One should be an unmarried male candidate to give this exam.

Girls are not at all eligible to give this Exam.

No percentage of marks required for the candidates in 12th class to be eligible for this exam. Just completion of 12th class will make the candidate to be eligible for this Exam.

If you still need more information regarding this Exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
3rd May 2012, 01:56 PM
uday.krk

Default Re: Can a female candidate join Navy after completion of 12th class with 63% of marks?

i'm sory to tell you that you got no chance to join in INDIAN NAVY after completing the 12th...

The only way to Join Indian Navy after 12th standard is through the NDA exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)
But for NDA exam only MALE candidates are eligible...

NDA exams are conducted twice every year in April and August...
For april exam the notification will be in December and for august it will be in May.

For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy, the candidate must be 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

If you really want to join the INDIAN NAVY you have the chance to apply after completing your degree...through CDS (combined defence service ) exam...

For more details about CDS exam i suggest you to view this site:

http://www.upsc.gov.in/
3rd May 2012, 03:14 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Iam really sorry to say this you are not eligible for indian navy, because girls are not eligible for indian navy and also NDA.

Eligibility criteria:

The applicant must pass 12th standard from any recognised board.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Age limits is 16.5years to 19years.

You should be physically fit.

You must be a citizen of india.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck.
4th May 2012, 11:55 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,
the girls are not eligible for the indian navy exam.

To join the indian navy you crack the NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service. This exam conducted by the Upsc twice in a year.

NDA has three wings

indian navy

indian army

indian air force

eligibility criteria:

the candidate should be complete the 12th standard any stream from a recognized university.

The candidate should be citizen of india.

The candidate age limit should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam. Girls are not eligible for this exam.

For more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
4th May 2012, 11:54 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

HAI....

No,you are not eligible for navy because only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.
If you want to join in ARMY you need to crack the NDA exam this exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year.

ELIGIBILITY:

1.Candidate should complete degree from a recognized university

2.Age limit for this exam is 16.5 to 19 years.

3.Candidate should be a citizen of india.

4.Only unmarried male candidates are applicable

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

1.Written exam
2.Interview
3.Medical test

For more information regards visit www.upsc.gov.in

BEST OF LUCK....
31st March 2013, 08:35 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

No my dear friend,

Female candidate is not eligible for Indian Navy after completion of 12th because the UPSC does not allow the girls for civil services after completion of 12th with any type of stream in 12th.

As there are four types of streams in which you can complete your 12th and those streams are as follows:

1.Non-Medical
2.Medical
3.Arts
4.Commerce

And after completion of 12th,you have three types of civil services for which you can apply through an entrance exam i.e.NDA and the civil services that comes under NDA are as follows:

1.Indian Navy
2.Indian Air Force
3.Indian Military

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is an entrance exam which is used to enter into the field of civil services. UPSC conduct NDA as twice in a year.

To apply for NDA,you must be eligible for it.The eligibility criteria for NDA is as follows so check the eligibility criteria for it.

1.You must be an Indian.
2.Your age should lies between 16.5 to 19 years.
3.Your eye sight should be correct i.e.6/6.
4.You must be physically fit.
5.Girls are not eligible for it.
6.Only an unmarried males are eligible for it.

But the female candidates can apply after completion of graduation.There are various types of graduation courses for which you can go after completion of 12th according to your stream.After graduation you can apply through CDS entrance exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and it is an entrance exam which is done after completion of graduation.Your marks from graduation should be more than 50% under some recognized university or board.Females and males both are eligible for it.

Thank u!!
4th April 2014, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

why girls cant apply fo navy or nda directly after 10 2 ,i think acc. to every one girls are suppose to be weaker than boy's.
3rd May 2014, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

How to take admission for M.Tech in bits Hyderabad for cse stream and does it offers parttime PG?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?