25th July 2016, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Air Force after completing graduation with Industrial Microbiology?

Hello Sir, I have completed my graduation with Industrial Microbiology & I want to join the Air Force. Please guide me if there are any vacancy available for me.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What is the procedure to join the Indian Air Force after completing my Graduation? Which exam do I need to write and what is the minimum age required?
  3. Can I join the Indian Air Force after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? How can I join the Air Force?
  4. How to prepare for Hindi Paper in Rewar Sidhi Gramin Bank?
  5. Whether a girl can join Indian Air Force after completing 12th? Can I join Indian Air Force Medical Institute for MBBS?
  6. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  7. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force?
  8. How can I join Air Force after completing class 12th?
  9. Can I join the Indian Navy or Air Force after completing B.Pharmacy? What is the procedure to join both?
  10. Can I join the Indian Air Force after pursuing Graduation with Arts stream? Which exam do I have to write to join the Indian Air Force?
  11. Should I study M.Pharma course if completed Graduation in Industrial Microbiology course? Job opportunities after completing M.Pharma?
  12. Can I get a job in Bangalore after completing B.Sc Industrial Microbiology and 1 year MLT course? -- [New]
  13. Courses and entrance exam details after 10th to become a Pilot
  14. What can I do after completing diploma in industrial electronics?
  15. Can I join Air force after completing mechanical engineering
  16. How can I join the Air Force after completing B.Sc in Computer Science? Do I have to write any entrance exam?
  17. Eligibility to join Indian Air force after completing graduation in Arts stream?
  18. Can I join the Indian Air Force after completing class 12th (PCB)? What is the procedure to join the Air Force?
27th July 2016, 12:46 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Air Force after completing graduation with Industrial Microbiology?

You can join Indian Air Force through Air Force Common Admission Test. AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force for three branches of it:

*Flying branch.

*Technical branch.

*Ground Duty Branch.

Out of all these branches, you are eligible for Ground Duty branch only because for this branch eligibility criteria is that candidate should have done bachelor's degree in any discipline. Being a graduate in industrial microbiology, you can apply for AFCAT exam.

*The age limit for Ground Duty branch is 19-26 years.
27th July 2016, 01:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Air Force after completing graduation with Industrial Microbiology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I have completed my graduation with Industrial Microbiology & I want to join the Air Force. Please guide me if there are any vacancy available for me.
As per your educational qualification, you are not eligible for Indian Air Force through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
27th July 2016, 05:14 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The Indian Airforce can be joined through 2 ways.
1. CDSE (UPSC) Entry
2. AFCAT (Non UPSC) Entry.

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.

AFCAT stands for the Air Force Common Admission Test.

It is the test conducted by the India Air Force twice the year for the recruitment of graduates (for Technical posts, A degree in engineering is required) as the officers in the IAF.

According to the notification released by the IAF, the eligibility criteria is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the Graduation (Engineering for technical branch) from any stream or subject.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your degree.
27th July 2016, 05:42 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force. To join Air Force after bachelor degree candidates have to qualify in CDS entrance examination conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination for recruitment in Indian Air Force is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree/B.Tech/B.E from any recognised university.

Candidate with bachelor degree must have Physics and Mathematics as main paper.

Candidate's age must be between 19-23 years.

So, as you do not have mathematics and physics as main paper in bachelor degree you are not eligible for recruitment in Air Force but you can appear for examination for recruitment in Indian Army or Indian Military Academy.

The official website for UPSC is www.upsc.gov.in. you can get all the other information from there.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?