10th April 2017, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Which combination of subjects should I choose for IAS officer exam after class 12th?

Which combination of subjects. I should choose in Arts after completion of 12th in Medical so as to become an IAS officer. In Arts please tell me paper wise.

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects should I choose after 12th science so as to become an IAS officer(Scored 84.9% in 10th)?
  2. Which course to choose between B.A and B.Com to become an IAS Officer after 12th Commerce?
  3. Procedure to become an IAS? What subjects to choose for IAS Exam?
  4. Which is the correct Arts subjects combination for IAS exam?
  5. Can I become an IAS Officer having BA background? What are the suitable subjects in BA to become IAS Officer?
  6. How should I prepare for CLAT then become an IAS officer after 12th?
  7. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which stream should I choose for Graduation to become an IAS Officer?
  9. Which are the best two scoring subjects in IAS exam?
  10. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I need to write?
  11. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I have to write?
  12. ICSE or CBSE Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer? Subjects to follow in IAS examination?
  13. Is it beneficiary to prepare for IAS exam after 12th with PCB? Which subjects should I choose for it?
  14. Which subjects should I choose in Arts stream to become an IAS Officer?
  15. Which subjects I should choose after completion of 10th Class to become an IAS Officer?
  16. Which subjects should I choose in class 12th to become an IPS Officer? Is Maths an Important subject to become an IPS Officer?
  17. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam?
  18. Subjects to choose to become an IAS Officer?
11th April 2017, 12:34 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which combination of subjects should I choose for IAS officer exam after class 12th?

In order to become an IAS officer you should have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university. There is no such subject or stream criteria for that. Your age should not exceed 32 years. For SC/ST the age will be 37 years and for OBC it will be 35 years. You must be an Indian citizen with a height of 165 cms for men/160 cms for women. You should be mentally and physically fit.

With this eligibility you have to appear for IAS examination and the selection will depend on the marks secured in the examination followed by personal interview and physical test.
11th April 2017, 05:17 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which combination of subjects should I choose for IAS officer exam after class 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which combination of subjects. I should choose in Arts after completion of 12th in Medical so as to become an IAS officer. In Arts please tell me paper wise.

You should choose subjects like Political Science, History, Geography, Economics and Psychology in graduation to become an IAS Officer in future. One should choose the subjects in which he has more interest. The above given subjects are useful when you prepare for Civil Service preliminary Examinations. Actually a student with graduation in any discipline can apply for Civil Service Examinations conducted by the UPSC once every year. The examination consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Examinations and Interview. Many prefer BA course with History or Geography or Political Science to pursue Civil Service Examinations. These are some of the subjects available in graduation to pursue civil service examinations in future.
11th April 2017, 09:50 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

There are many subjects in arts stream to choose from below are the list of subjects:
History
Geography
Sociology
Public administration
Political science and International relations
Poetry
Economics
Hindi
English
Now you can choose 3 subjects with English as compulsory it is up to you. Do choose that subject in which you have interest.
11th April 2017, 11:08 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to pursue bachelor's degree in arts to apply for Civil Services examination. You are free to choose any stream at graduation level. If you have done 10+2 in science stream then you can pursue MBBS course.

Admission in MBBS course is done through NEET exam. You can apply for NEET exam and get admission in MBBS on basis of NEET rank. The minimum age limit to apply for Civil Services examination is 21 years.
11th April 2017, 11:50 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue from any paper. There is no any restriction in subject selection.
Some of them are as under:-
Geography
Civics
Economics
Political Science
History
English
12th April 2017, 12:01 AM
khanexpert

There is nothing as such, you can select any subject and stream and compete your graduation and after completion of your graduation, you can be very much eligible to appear for IAS examination.
20th April 2020, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

Which subject I can choose in degree for IAS course
20th April 2020, 08:00 AM
Unregistered

what subject I should choose in degree for IAS course
21st April 2020, 01:50 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

In Arts subjects you can choose below subjects for IAS.

1..History
2. Economics
3. English
4. Politics
5. Geography
6. Sociology
7. Hindi

Here English, history, economics is better for IAS study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?