3rd August 2016, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Which course to choose between B.A and B.Com to become an IAS Officer after 12th Commerce?

Dear Sir, I have completed my 12th Class in Commerce stream. My Main aim is to become an IAS Officer. So please tell me which course to choose between B.A and B.Com after completion of 12th (Commerce)? What are the best subjects available in B.A?

3rd August 2016, 08:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to choose between B.A and B.Com to become an IAS Officer after 12th Commerce?

There is no need to opt any particular course between B.A and B.Com course to become an IAS officer after completion of your 12th standard. You can opt any course of your interest for pursuing your Graduation. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IAS examination. Since, you have completed your 12th standard with Commerce stream, it is best to opt for B.Com course for pursuing your Graduation to apply for IAS examination.
3rd August 2016, 10:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to choose between B.A and B.Com to become an IAS Officer after 12th Commerce?

There are no such requirement as for the discipline in bachelor degree to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC. So, you are eligible to select any course as per your interest.

There are many better options in B.A as English, Political Science, History, Geography etc.

So, if you have interest in any of them you can pursue bachelor degree in it to appear for examination and it will be helpful for you to appear for examination and to qualify in examination if you will study with proper attention.
3rd August 2016, 10:28 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

>> IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE.

>> To become IAS officer you need to appear in the Civil examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

>> For this examination candidate must have bachelor degree from a recognized university.

>> The age of candidate must be in between 21 to 30 years.

>> Final year students also eligible for this examination

>> As per my knowledge both courses i.e BA and B.Com are good to become an IAS Officer after 12th Commerce.

>> My suggestion to you is that you can select BA or B.Com as per your interest after 12th commerce.

BEST SUBJECT AVAILABLE IN BA

1. Economics

2. Political Science

3. History

>> The selection of candidate will be done on the basis of Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination, Interview Test.

>> For more information you can visit at http://upsc.gov.in
3rd August 2016, 11:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir, I have completed my 12th Class in Commerce stream. My Main aim is to become an IAS Officer. So please tell me which course to choose between B.A and B.Com after completion of 12th (Commerce)? What are the best subjects available in B.A?
From my point of view,you can choose B.A subject to become an IAS officer. Because arts subjects are scoring compare to other subjects.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University, then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
1st April 2017, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I want to become a IAS i completed my the by commerce and now i am confuse what i choose between B.A and B.COM so sir please help me and give me a good advice. And i have a lot of interest in political science
3rd April 2017, 01:30 PM
srire

If your ultimate goal is to become a civil servant (ias/ips)
B.A is preferred because you will have the common subjects in B.A like history economics politics etc which are useful in IAS Exam preparation

You can also take Degree with IAS Coaching provided by some colleges
Good luck
8th May 2017, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am priyanka I want to become an IAS officer what is better btech or degree I have completed my 12 the class and if I joined in degree which is best course in degree to reach my goal ?
13th May 2017, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Whether I have choose BA English to become IAS and which college provide attache IAS coaching while studying?
16th May 2017, 12:08 AM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am priyanka I want to become an IAS officer what is better btech or degree I have completed my 12 the class and if I joined in degree which is best course in degree to reach my goal ?
Procedure for IAS (Indian Administration Service) happens through three levels.
1. Preliminary test.
2. Mains exam.
3. Interview.
Preliminary test contain objective type questions which is related to GK, GS, Reasoning and English.
Mains exams contains subjective type of questions which is completely related to the subjects which you have studied during your graduation. So if you aspire to become an IAS than choose only those subject in graduation in which you are really passionate.
Interview is the last round of this exam.
After which your name will be displayed in the marit list if you get selected.
Thanks.
5th April 2018, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am in class 10th .Which stream should i take to become an ias officer. What will be best commerce or humanities. I also want some more job options if I will not be able to pass the UPSC exam...so will commerce be a better stream?
16th April 2018, 10:28 PM
sjs1990

Dear Aspirant,

You can choose both B.A and B.com to become an IAS officer as the Educational qualification for appearing in IAS exams is a bachelor degree from a Government recognized institution.

B.A stands for Bachelor of Arts - Here you can study Tamil, English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology etc as your major subjects.

B.com stands for Bachelor of Commerce - Here you mainly focus about commerce

So Follow your mind to choose the course , It is good to select the subject which you have keen interest so you can easily complete your bachelor degree and in IAS exam too you can select your optional paper the one you have passion, so you can easily achieve your goals

Thank You
3rd January 2020, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Wether if i take BBA can it help for ias preparations
8th June 2020, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

I am a commerce student and I want to become IAS but whether commerce can help me in this field and if yes then how it can help me
18th October 2020, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

After bcom,if I attend IAS exam?? In which way??
2nd September 2021, 04:32 PM
Minal F

Candidates must have a graduation degree from a recogniszed university.

Nationality- Indian

Age limit- 21 to 32 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?