2nd March 2018, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Cutoff marks required to qualify in SSC-CGL written exam? Reference books for preparation? Steps after qualifying in SSC-CGL written exam?

Hello Sir, I have applied for SSC CGL exam. I want to know the qualifying marks and also I would like to know after qualifying what is the next step? Also refer some books that help me to prepare for SSC CGL exam.

17th March 2018, 07:37 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cutoff marks required to qualify in SSC-CGL written exam? Reference books for preparation? Steps after qualifying in SSC-CGL written exam?

Cutoff Marks required to qualify in SSC CGL Written Examination;

There are several rounds available Staff Selection Commission's Combined Graduate Level Examination. They are,
> CGL Tier 1 Objective Type
> CGL Tier 2 Objective Type
> CGL Tier 3 Descriptive Type
> CGL Tier 4 Typing Test/ Data Entry Skill Test
> Document Verification

The cutoff the is set by Staff Selection Commission generally varies from tier to tier and hence, I suggest you to go through SSC official website for more details.

SSC CGL Tier 1 2017 Cutoff is,
General - 126.50 marks
OBC - 110
SC - 98
ST - 88.50
Ex-S - 69
OH - 84.50
HH - 38
VH - 89.50

After qualifying in Tier 1 then you will be called for Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4 and document verification process respectively.

Some of the best books recommended for appearing in SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam are,

(@) SSC CGL Tier 1 Pre Examination by Arihant Expert

(@) SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Tier 1 2018 Previous Years Solved Papers Practice Sets with solutions by Edurise Publication

21st March 2018, 09:16 PM
chikkykranthi619

Default Re: Cutoff marks required to qualify in SSC-CGL written exam? Reference books for preparation? Steps after qualifying in SSC-CGL written exam?

Generally qualifying marks changes from year to year i.e. every year cut will not be the same . Cut off depends on the number of applicants and their performance in the exam.
After qualifying all the rounds then you need to produce all the original certificates for verification and finally you will get posting as per the merit and vacancy.
"Kiran Publication" books are best books for SSC-CGL exam.
For tier-1 general awareness section, prepare NCERT books from class 4 to 12.
Finally,try to given online exams when ever possible after completing your preparation before main exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?