9th April 2015, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech candidate?

Hello,
I am a student of B.Tech and I am
willing to take up Indian Foreign Service as my career?
Can anybody please help me out by
telling what to do and how to proceed?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure and benefits to join Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech(ECE) student?
  2. Steps to join Indian Foreign Service for 9th standard student?
  3. Procedure and subjects to study after 10th for Indian Foreign Service?
  4. Eligibility criteria and relaxation to apply in Indian Foreign Service exam for ST candidate who has completed B.Tech?
  5. Procedure to join Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 5th semester of B.Tech course with an age of 22 years?
  6. Am I eligible for IFS exam after passing graduation in Nautical Sciences?
  7. What is the job of Indian Foreign Service Officer? What is the syllabus and which are the scoring subjects?
  8. Indian Foreign Service- Examination
  9. Am I eligible to join Indian Foreign Service being a 22 years old CA Final student?
  10. Which stream should I opt between Arts and Commerce if want to join Indian Foreign Service?
  11. How can I prepare to crack Indian Economic Service recruitment exam? Procedure to join Indian Economic Service?
  12. What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?
  13. Eligibility to join Indian Administrative Service for M.Com candidate? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What kind of job is offered in Indian Foreign Service?
  15. B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  16. Whether a B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  17. Detailed information and procedure to apply in Indian Statistical Service exam for B.Stats candidate?
  18. Can a candidate of B.Com course appear for IFS Exam?
13th April 2015, 06:49 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Foreign Service for B.Tech candidate?

You need to crack the Civil Service Examination, which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year. Civil Service Examination may include preliminary examination, main examination and personal interview. Civil Service Exam Prelims notification will be published in the month of May/June in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news.

Eligibility Criteria for IFS:

The candidate should have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No percentage criteria is there to apply for this examination. The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply.

How to Apply:

There is no offline mode of application forms. The online mode of application forms will be present at the time of notification. The cost of application is Rs. 100/-.

Click here for official notification !!!

More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
13th April 2015, 09:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
After completion of B.Tech degree, you can apply for Indian Foreign Service exam.

Procedure for Indian Foreign Service exam:-

1)Preliminary exam
2)Mains exam
3)Medical test
4)Personal interview

Indian Foreign Service exam is under of Civil Service exam

Graduation degree with minimum percentage marks from a recognized university are eligible for civil service exam. Final year candidates can also apply for civil service exam.

Age criteria :-

Minimum Age = 21 years old
Maximum Age = 30 years old

Age relaxation :-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.Also you must be citizen of India.

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM 2015:-

Date of Notification:- 16.05.2015
Last date for receipt of applications:- 12.06.2015 (FRIDAY)
Date of commencement of Examination:- 23.08.2015 (SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM 2015:-

Date of commencement of Examination:- 18.12.2015 (FRIDAY)

For more details about Indian Foreign Service exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
14th April 2015, 05:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria to join Indian Foreign Service are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must posses a degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.The candidates who are in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the preliminary exam conducted by UPSC.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and SC/ST candidates by 5 years.The upper age limit is also relaxed in favor Defense Services Personnel.

-IFS exam procedure consists of

* Preliminary examination

* Main examination

* Medical test

*Personality Interview.

-The candidate must be honest, extrovert, dynamic and dedicated people with a high sense of morality, integrity and love for the country. Leadership qualities and communication skills are also essential to be in this field. One must also be aware of national and international affairs.
14th April 2015, 07:27 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

It is really good to see your choice and decision of getting into Indian Foreign Services as your career option because this is the best service in India because toppers of IAS examination are selected for such a great service to serve nation in the world and you can achieve a lot of success and make name and fame in the world by serving the nation.

To become IFS Officer, you need to qualify Indian Civil Service Examination that is conducted every year by UPSC - Union Public Service Commission Board and there are different stages which are required to be qualified by the candidate then only the candidate is selected for the post of IFS Officer and only a few candidates who top the exam are chosen for this post.

To apply for this examination, you should have completed a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a reputed university or should be pursuing final year of degree.

Age of the candidate should be minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years and relaxation in upper age will be provided to reserved category candidates only that is 03 years for OBC and 05 years for SC/ST candidates.

Attempts of examination are also limited which are restricted to following criteria :

Maximum 06 attempts for UR/General candidates.

Maximum 09 attempts for OBC candidates.

No restriction for candidates of SC/ST category means upto 37 years of age.

Examination Pattern and selection procedure :

Preliminary examination : Objective type two papers are conducted in prelims test and passing in prelims test is necessary to be eligible for mains exam.

Mains examination : Consist of seven different conventional type papers and qualifying in each paper is compulsory by securing minimum qualifying marks.

Interview Process/ Personality Test : All those candidates who successfully passes both prelims and mains exam are called for Personality Test and this is the last and the most tough stage to clear but if a candidate passes this stage then he/she is selected for the post as per his/her marks and preference.

So you have to qualify all these above mentioned steps to become IFS Officer and your marks should be under top 10 scorers of the year then only you will be considered for IFS Officer post.

After being selected for IFS Officer post, you will be given training of about 3 and half year then only you will be posted to serve the nation.

So this is the criteria, you have to follow to become IFS Officer so lets start preparation with the help of some experts and get the job.
14th April 2015, 08:27 PM
poojasingh151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
The entry to the Indian Foreign Service is given through the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria for the Civil Services exam:

~~Any one who has done bachelor's degree can apply for the Civil Services examination. Final year candidates of graduation can also apply for the exam.

Age criteria:

~~General candidates: 21-30 years.

~~OBC candidates: 21-33 years.

~~SC/ST candidates: 21-35 years.

With bachelor of technology as academic qualification, you can appear for the Civil Services examination.

There are three stages of Civil Services examination which you need to clear to become IFS officer:

~~Preliminary state consisting Civil Services Aptitude test.

~~Main exams.

~~Personal interview.

The notification for 2015 Civil Services will be released by UPSC on 16/05/2015. After that you can apply for exam at www.upsconline.nic.in.
15th June 2015, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I get chance in joining Indian Foreign Service after b.tech in aerospace engineering from internationally recognized university?is it possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?