23rd July 2016, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in Civil Service exam for 24 years old MCA postgraduate?

I have finished my MCA this year and I am 24 years of age now. I want to give Civil Service exam. Kindly tell me can I eligible for Civil Service examinations or not? Kindly tell me asap. Thank you!

24th July 2016, 09:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in Civil Service exam for 24 years old MCA postgraduate?

Civil Services examination are held once every year UPSC for recruitment of personnel as administrative officer. The examination is organised in three stages which includes Preliminary test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualification required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree course are also eligible.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Age relaxation of 3 years, 5 years and 10 years is applicable for OBC, SC/ST and PH category candidates respectively.

So being a 24 years old and MCA degree holder you are eligible for appearing in the examination.

For further details about the syllabus and pattern of examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
24th July 2016, 10:35 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in Civil Service exam for 24 years old MCA postgraduate?

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in Civil Service Exam:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in Civil Service Examination after completion of MCA course being a 24 years old candidate. The basic educational qualification required to appear in Civil Service Examination is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

As you are done with MCA course, I am sure you are eligible to appear in Civil Service Examination.
25th July 2016, 12:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have finished my MCA this year and I am 24 years of age now. I want to give Civil Service exam. Kindly tell me can I eligible for Civil Service examinations or not? Kindly tell me asap. Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible for Civil Service Exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university, then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for Civil Service exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150
25th July 2016, 12:42 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for different posts. To apply for this exam a candidate must be graduate from a recognized university in any faculty that is minimum qualification. Age must be between 21 years to 32 years.There are age relaxation applicable for reserved category candidates. You can apply for this next year as this year they have announced it. Below I have attached UPSC Civil Service Exam notification for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 21 views)
25th July 2016, 01:56 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Yes, you can apply for civil service examinations with MCA qualifications at the age of 24 years. The graduates in any discipline are eligible for civil services examinations, so you are also eligible for the examinations. The maximum age limit for appearing civil services examination is 32 years for general category students. The civil services examinations are conducted by UPSC. There are Preliminary Examinations, Main Examinations and Interview for the selection. The examinations are conducted every year by UPSC. The website link is Click Here
25th July 2016, 04:03 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service exam being a 24 years old MCA degree holder.

Eligibility to apply for Civil Service exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Academic Qualification :Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Age limit :

General category :21 years to 32 years .

OBC candidates : 21 years to 35 years .

SC/ST candidates : 21 years to 37 years .

PWD candidates :21 years to 42 years .

Selection Criteria :

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
25th July 2016, 07:57 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, of course you are eligible for Civil Service examination after completing MCA with 24 years of age.

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is an examination conducting body which conducts different National Level examination such as, IAS, IPS etc. Those who interested to appear in Civil Service examination must satisfy the below criteria;

1) Educational Qualification: The candidate must complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university.

2) Age criteria: The candidate age shroud be lies between 21 years to 32 years and relaxation will be given to the candidates who are belonging to the reserved category.

- 3 years for OBC category and
- 5 years for SC/ST category

Official website - Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?