9th March 2015, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service recruitment exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?

Hello Sir,
I am in final semester of my B.Tech Engineering
in the stream of Electronics and Communication.
Kindly tell me am I eligible for applying
INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE recruitment exam?

10th March 2015, 06:43 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service recruitment exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for Indian Engineering Service examination after completion of your B.Tech course from a recognised university. The IES examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the required eligibility criteria to appear in IES examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per government rules as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

3. You must have completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology from a recognised university.
10th March 2015, 10:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service recruitment exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am in final semester of my B.Tech Engineering
in the stream of Electronics and Communication.
Kindly tell me am I eligible for applying
INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE recruitment exam?
Yes, you are eligible for IES exam.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years

For more details about IES exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
15th May 2015, 09:21 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

IES ( indoan engineeri g service are the exam conduct by upsc to recruit engineers into govt sector.
IES eligibility:-
1) age limit:- 21-30 years
2) education qualification:- degree or master in wireless communication,or radiophysics,elecyronic as specisl subjects
3) nationality:- indian
4) gender:-men and women
5) medically fine
6) free from color blindness and nightblindness.

Exam pattern:- consists of 2 parts:-
* part 1:- objective type
* part 2 :- conventional type questions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?