30th June 2018, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in UPSC-IAS recruitment for distance MSc(Biotechnology) student?

Hello everyone, I am doing MSc in Biotechnology through distance education. I want to apply in UPSC-IAS recruitment. So, am I eligible to apply in this recruitment? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you!

2nd July 2018, 07:23 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC-IAS recruitment for distance MSc(Biotechnology) student?

In order to be eligible for UPSC-IAS recruitment, you should have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university. You must be an Indian citizen and should be physically fit. Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years. For OBC and SC/ST candidates the age is 35 years and 37 years. Your minimum height should be 165 cms and for women it is 150 cms.

So, if you have completed your M.Sc from a recognized distance education institute, then you are eligible for the recruitment.
3rd July 2018, 11:25 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC-IAS recruitment for distance MSc(Biotechnology) student?

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for UPSC-IAS recruitment i.e; Civil Services examination having completed your M.Sc in Biotechnology degree in distance mode then I would like to let you know that for appearing in the Civil Services examination the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university and so the stream or mode of education of master degree course is not significant for the eligibility to the Civil Services examination.

So, if you have completed your graduation degree course from a recognized university then you are eligible to apply for the Civil services examination ( provided you satisfy other eligibility conditions too).

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd July 2018, 05:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification for UPSC IAS exam is a UGC recognized degree with only pass marks. Hence, if you have got any degree in any mode, approved by UGC, then surely your degree will be valid.

Also make sure your age is between 21 to 32 years. Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?