2nd January 2016, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

What is the graduation eligibility criteria required for becoming IPS?

What is the graduation eligibility criteria required for becoming IPS? Can someone please give me the complete information on the same as soon as possible? I just need to know the complete criteria required to apply for the IPS job.

2nd January 2016, 05:25 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the graduation eligibility criteria required for becoming IPS?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. To appear in the IPS entrance exam you must have to qualify the bachelor degree in any discipline with minimum of 55% marks from any well affiliated and recognized institute/university. Also your age must be 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing in the exam. Being a general category student you can attempt the IPS exam only 4 times.
2nd January 2016, 08:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the graduation eligibility criteria required for becoming IPS?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. The IPS examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have attained the maximum age of 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
2nd January 2016, 09:41 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and to become an I.P.S Officer, you have to appear as well as qualify in Civil Services examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

There is no other eligibility regarding graduation discipline and aggregate to appear for examination. More information about examination is available at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd January 2016, 12:09 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the graduation eligibility criteria required for becoming IPS? Can someone please give me the complete information on the same as soon as possible? I just need to know the complete criteria required to apply for the IPS job.
The candidate must possess a degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 32 years for general candidate, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. The UPSC is conducting examination for the Indian Police Service. There are Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview. The candidate has to clear the Preliminary Exam first. You can check the details in the link http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?