25th September 2015, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for appearing for Indian Foreign Service examination? Can girls appear for IFS exam?

Hi ,

I am studying B.Sc 2nd year. I want to join in Indian Foreign Service. What is the eligibility criteria for it. Are girls eligible for IFS?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the full form of IFS? Its Indian Forest Service or Indian Foreign Service? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How may I apply for job in German embassy? What are the different kind of jobs that suits on me and from where I can get knowledge about vacancies? I have done 5 semesters from Max Muller in German language
  3. What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?
  4. What is the full form of IFS exam? Which post will i get after clearing UPSC IFS exam?
  5. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam?
  6. What is the job of Indian Foreign Service Officer? What is the syllabus and which are the scoring subjects?
  7. IFS means Indian Foreign Service or Indian Forest Service?
  8. Procedure and eligibility criteria to write IFS exam?
  9. Eligibility criteria and relaxation to apply in Indian Foreign Service exam for ST candidate who has completed B.Tech?
  10. How can I appear in Indian Foreign Service exam? Reference books for the preparation? Does IFS conducts Preliminary exam?
  11. How can I prepare to qualify in Indian Foreign Service exam?
  12. Age limits and steps to become a Civil Judge?
  13. Am I eligible to any forest post after completing BSc and PG
  14. How to get government or defense jobs after completing T.Y B.Com?
  15. Whether a B.Com General candidate is eligible for Indian Foreigner Service?
  16. Eligibility for Indian Foreign Services after 2 years gap between 12th and Graduation?
  17. What kind of posts are available in Civil Services for B.Sc(Mathematics) candidate?
  18. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for B.Com graduate?
25th September 2015, 09:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for appearing for Indian Foreign Service examination? Can girls appear for IFS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi ,

I am studying B.Sc 2nd year. I want to join in Indian Foreign Service. What is the eligibility criteria for it. Are girls eligible for IFS?
After completion of 2nd year of B.Sc degree, you are eligible for Indian Foreign Service examination.

Yes, girls candidates can apply for Indian Foreign Service examination.

IFS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

Graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for civil service exam. Final year candidates can also apply for Indian Foreign Service exam.

Age criteria :-

Minimum Age = 21 years old
Maximum Age = 30 years old

Age relaxation :-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

List of the best books for Indian Foreign Service exam:-

Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations
by M. Laxmikanth
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

Objective General Studies For UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination
by A. R. Khan
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

UPSC Portal: General Mental Ability Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability
by Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal Publications
25th September 2015, 11:14 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for appearing for Indian Foreign Service examination? Can girls appear for IFS exam?

Yes, Girl candidates are eligible to appear in Indian Foreign Service Examination. Here is the detailed eligibility criteria and age criteria of Indian Foreign Service Examination. Indian Foreign Service (IFS) is one of the Central Services in Group A Cadre and these selected candidates represent the Country internationally. So I can surely say that, Girls are eligible to appear in Indian Foreign Service Examination.

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in Indian Foreign Service Exam:

>> Like other Central Services namely, Indian Police Service and Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service require the same eligibility criteria.

>> The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Indian Foreign Service Examination is " Graduate Degree " from a recognized university.

>> As you are studying B.Sc 2nd year now, you can appear in next year Indian Foreign Service Examination.

>> Age criteria is 21 to 30 years, as on 1st August of the year of Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?