2nd January 2017, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

How to become a CID officer?

Hi Sir, this is Kalyan I am studying B.Sc geography 2nd year after graduation. I want to become a CID officer. So, how I want prepare for that exam and other activities. I am thinking you will help definitely for me. So, thank you for giving me to write and addressing my views in this way thank u for CID department.

2nd January 2017, 07:04 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become a CID officer?

CID stands for Crime Investigation Department. For being a CID officer you have to give Combined Graduation Level Exam which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). For giving this exam you have to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized university. Your age must be in between 21 to 30 years. Thanks
2nd January 2017, 09:49 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

A candidate can apply for the CBI or CID through SSC combined graduate preliminary examination and this examination is conducted by the SSC every year. You can apply for this examination after the completion of your graduation. You can be graduate in any discipline from a recognised University to appear in this exam. Moreover your age should be in between 20 to 27 years. Final year students can also appear in this examination.
2nd January 2017, 10:14 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Since criminal investigation department is a special wing in every state police, you have got to join the police department to be considered eligible for CID Now since you are a graduate you me either apply for the post of Sub Inspector by writing State Level Examination are you may write civil service examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission to join the police department as an ASP for the Civil Service Examination, the age limit is you are not eligible for CID office between 21 to 30 years with relaxation in the maximum age limit for the reserved category and as far as the age limit for the position of sub inspector in state police is concerned it is usually between 20 to 27 years but may vary depending upon the state conducting the examination.
3rd January 2017, 12:01 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, this is Kalyan I am studying B.Sc geography 2nd year after graduation. I want to become a CID officer. So, how I want prepare for that exam and other activities. I am thinking you will help definitely for me. So, thank you for giving me to write and addressing my views in this way thank u for CID department.
To become a CID officer you need to qualify in the Civil Service exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission every twice in a year. Being a Graduate student you can join in as an ACP/ASP post.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate must complete Graduation course from a recognized university.
- The candidate age limit should be in between 21 years to 32 years with relaxation in the maximum age limit for reserved category.
- The candidate should be Physically and Medically fit.
3rd January 2017, 05:17 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become an Officer in CID Department:

In order to become a CID officer, you will have to appear in Civil Services Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). UPSC conducts an entrance examination called "Civil Services Aptitude Test" (CSAT). You are required to appear in this Entrance Examination to get into CID Department. UPSC latest notification 2017 is going to be released on 22nd February 2017 and the last date of receipt of applications is 17th March 2017. You can start preparing for this entrance examination from basic level and you are required to prepare at high level in order to overcome this rigorous competition. I suggest you to purchase CSAT Entrance Exam books in order to crack the examination both Prelims as well as Mains.
3rd January 2017, 09:31 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you are in the 2nd year of your bachelor's degree course, so after completing that you are eligible to appear for Indian Civil Services Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission for various positions every year. You should have a height of 165 cms and your age should be in between 20 to 27 years. Upper age relaxation is there for the reserved category candidates.

There will be questions from general awareness, numerical ability, general test, general intelligence & reasoning, so you have to prepare according to that.
3rd January 2017, 11:30 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CID stands for Criminal Investigation Department. Candidates who want to join CID must apply for Civil Services exam and crack this exam. The requirement for Civil Services examination:

*Bachelor's degree from a recognized university. You will be eligible to apply for this examination in last year of bachelor's degree in Geography.

*Age criteria: In case of general category it is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

This exam is conducted by UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?