9th December 2016, 10:15 PM
chaturbhuja malik

How can I apply for IAS Officers post after completing BA scoring 70% marks?

Respected Sir, I have completed my graduation with BA scoring 70% marks. I want to become an IAS Officer so I want to know how can I apply for IAS Officers post with such criteria? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can we do IAS after completing BSc and MSc
  2. What can I do to do IAS after completing BSc, MSc
  3. Querry about IAS officers?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for GDCA exam after completing B.Com scoring 35% marks? How can I apply for the exam?
  5. Which course should I pursue after completing class 12th (MPC) scoring 75% marks?
  6. Can I apply for CA after completing Graduation with Maths scoring 40% marks?
  7. Can I do IAS after completing BSc and MSc after completing 12th?
  8. Am I eligible to pursue MA course after completing BA scoring 44.62% marks?
  9. What are the various career options available in government sector after completion of graduation?
  10. Physically handicapped person eligible for IAS officers post? Study material for the entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible to apply for MH CET Law exam after completing Post Graduation with Business Management?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for a student Visa for Europe after completing class 10th scoring 70% marks?
  13. Can I pursue PhD after completing M.Com scoring 48% marks from Mumbai University? What is the procedure to apply for PhD?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for B.Ed course after completing Graduation scoring 46% marks? Do I have to attempt any entrance exam?
  15. Is it possible to pursue M.SC after 17 years of completing B.Sc scoring 44% marks being a SC category candidate? -- [New]
  16. How can I apply for Improvement exam of PG course? Can I pursue B.Ed after scoring less that 50% marks in PG?
  17. Government Job Opportunities after completion of B.Sc MPC?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for CDS examination after completing class 12th with 58% and Graduation with 70% marks?
10th December 2016, 10:26 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IAS Officers post after completing BA scoring 70% marks?

As you have completed B.A. with 70% marks, so you are eligible to apply for IAS officers position. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and to become an IAS officer you have to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC every year. Here is the eligibility criteria to appear for Civil services examination:

> You should hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university.

> You must be an Indian citizen.

> You must be physically and mentally fit.

> Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

> For OBC candidates the the age relaxation is 3 years and for SC/ST candidates it is relaxed by 5 years.

> Your height should be 165 cms and for women 150 cms.

> Chest width for men should be 84 cms and for women 79 cms.

With the above eligibility criteria you have to appear and clear the examination. The selection will be done on the merit followed by physical test and personal interview.
11th December 2016, 02:11 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IAS Officers post after completing BA scoring 70% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaturbhuja malik View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my graduation with BA scoring 70% marks. I want to become an IAS Officer so I want to know how can I apply for IAS Officers post with such criteria? Please answer as soon as possible.

You can apply online for the UPSC Civil Services Examination (to become an IAS Officer) after completing BA with 70% marks. The IAS Officers are recruited through the Civil Services Examination. The eligibility to apply for the civil services examinations is a degree in any discipline. The applicant age limit should be between 20 to 32 years for general category, 35 years for OBC and 37 years for the SC/ST. The civil services examination has three parts namely Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. You have to clear first the Preliminary examination to qualify for the Main examination. The civil services examinations are conducted every year by UPSC. The UPSC website link is Click Here
11th December 2016, 02:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

--> IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to be as IAS Ofiicer you will have to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum requirement for appearing in Civil Services for becoming an IAS officer are as here under :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

For more details about the same examination you must refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
11th December 2016, 05:37 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination which is necessary to appear and qualify for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S etc.

The examination is conducted in three stages as :-

Preliminary.
Mains.
Interview.

So, you need to qualify in all the stages for final recruitment. The examination is among the toughest examination and so it requires a better preparation with dedication and devotion.

For more details regarding the examination syllabus and pattern visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?