16th April 2017, 05:50 PM
arun8914

What is the preparation required for applying customs officers job?

What is the preparation required for applying customs officers job? Can you please give me the details on the same? What should be the qualification needed to apply for the job? Awaiting to get the response soon as possible. Thanks!

29th July 2017, 03:46 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the preparation required for applying customs officers job?

The required qualification to appear for examination is bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

The preparation for examination is required as per syllabus of Civil Service examination. The examination is conducted in three stages.

So, one must have to prepare for General Studies paper ( it contains current events, World and Indian Geography, Indian Polity and Governance, Economics, Environment and General Science).

So, you must have better knowledge about all the above mentioned subject to qualify in examination.

If you want the syllabus and detail of examination paper visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
1st August 2017, 04:33 PM
Sumaiya Dayatar

Default Re: What is the preparation required for applying customs officers job?

For customs you have to give SSC (Staff Selection Commission) exam.
The exam has three stages, prelims of MCQ type, mains and an interview.
Usually the difficulty level is much simpler as compared to UPSC exam for IAS, etc.
Top level SSC passed people usually opt for customs and excise, and the rest of the posts follow on.
There are many online portals for which you can look out for extra information. Just google SSC exam and you'll have it.
All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?