14th December 2017, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

How an engineering girl candidate can apply for Air Force?

Sir, I am doing B.Tech(final year) in Electronics and communication stream. I am a girl, how I can apply? I want to join in Air force. Please give me information about it.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Indian Air Force being a BTech Civil girl candidate?
  2. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for a girl candidate?
  3. Can I join Indian Air Force through CDS being a girl candidate? -- [New]
  4. How can a girl become Air Force Officer after 12th?
  5. Can a girl apply in Air Force?
  6. What can I do to join Indian Air Force after 10th being girl?
  7. Can I apply for interview directly in Indian Air Force through Fast Track Selection process if secured 79.67% in B.Tech(ECE)? Procedure to apply for it?
  8. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Whether a female candidate in her 10th is eligible to apply for Indian Air Force or not? If yes, than how to apply and prepare for it?
  10. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for a girl candidate with 5 years of IT experience?
  11. Am I eligible to apply in air force? I didn't opt mathematics in 10+2. What's the procedure and posts that can be applied for?
  12. In which month is the notification released for AFCAT?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for Air Force after completion of polytechnic diploma in Electronics and Communication engineering?
  14. Second year B.Tech girl can join Air Force?
  15. What shall I do to join Navy or Air Force being a candidate pursuing BE in IT?
  16. How can I join Air Force being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  17. Am I eligible for IAF entrance exam after clearing the previous backlogs?
  18. How to apply for Indian Air Force being a candidate of doing CPL?
14th December 2017, 10:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How an engineering girl candidate can apply for Air Force?

Procedure to join Air Force after completion of Engineering:

In order to join Air Force, the most common ways are through NDA Examination or else through Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination. Both these examinations are conducted by Union Public Service Commission and the basic difference between these two is according to the qualification's.

>> With Graduation Qualification - CDS
>> With 12th Qualification - NDA

As you are doing final year of Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, I suggest you to appear in CDS Examination. Graduation in Engineering is accepted for the wing of Air Force Academy.

You are required to appear in CDS Entrance Examination as well as in SSB test. The final selection is generally done on the basis of the marks secured in Written Exam, SSB test and in order of merit subject to the medical fitness.

Last date for applying for CDS recruitment 2018 was 4th December, 2017 and it's examination is going to be held on 4th February, 2018. I suggest you to visit UPSC official website for more details.
14th December 2017, 10:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a final year student of B.Tech Civil Engineering you are eligible for joining Indian Air force as officer in both flying and ground duty branch through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination and AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ).

--> Further for appearing in these examinations you need to hold following qualifications apart from your educational qualification :-

* You must have nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to join AFA ( Air force Academy ) through CDS entrance examination where as for AFCAT it should lie within 20 years to 24 years for flying branch and 20 years to 26 years for ground duty branch.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms for sure.

For detailed information regarding different entries in Indian Air force you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in .
15th December 2017, 02:21 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Air Force through AFCAT entry. The examination is conducted by Indian Air Force.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in technology or engineering or any other discipline with minimum 60%.

The age limit is 20-24 years.

Candidates after qualifying in written and SSB will become eligible for recruitment as flying officer in Indian Air Force.

The examination is conducted twice in a year. For detail information about examination visit at www.carrerairforce.nic.in.
15th December 2017, 01:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Air force, being a final year candidate of B.Tech degree course you need to qualify CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination or AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ).

Further for appearing in these examinations you need to be an Indian national with your age lying in between 19 years to 24 years for joining through CDS. Further for joining through AFCAT your age need to lie with 20 years to 24 years for joining flying branch where as for joining ground duty it should lie within 20 years to 26 years.

For more detailed information and notifications regarding these entries in Indian Air force you can refer to the link .www.careerairforce.nic.in
15th December 2017, 06:18 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Since you are in final year of B.Tech Electronic and Communication engineering, so you can apply for Combined Defense Service examination as well as in AFCAT (Flying branch) examination.
Eligibility for CDS exam for Air Force Academy:
>Candidates must have completed bachelors degree in any discipline and have studied physics and maths up to class 12th standard from any recognized board/university.
>Candidates appearing for the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the aforesaid examination.
>Age of the candidates should not be less than 20 years and more than 24 years.
Eligibility for AFCAT examination (Flying branch):
>Candidates must have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks and have passed Maths and Physics at 12th standard or have completed B.Tech/B.E degree in any stream with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university.
>Age of the candidates must not be less than 19 years and more than 23 years.
15th December 2017, 07:26 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

You can definitely join Indian Air Force after the completion of your Engineering. For girls, there are three ways to join IAF through AFCAT examination.

The three ways are:-
  • Ground Duty Branches
  • Flying Branches
  • Technical Branches

Since, you are pursuing your B.Tech course in Electronics department, you can apply for the Flying Branch and Ground Duty Branch.
Candidates those who have competed their B.Tech course from a recognized University can apply for the Flying Branch and Ground Duty Branch.
You must have scored a minimum of 60% of marks in the B.Tech course to be eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?