20th April 2018, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to join Army, Navy or Air Force for Commerce student?

Hi everyone, my aim is to join Indian Navy, Indian Air Force or Indian Army. But I am a student of Commerce, studying in 11th standard. Pleas tell me with Commerce I can join these services?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Army, Air Force and Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
  2. How to join Air Force, Navy and Army after completion of 12th Class with Commerce?
  3. Can I join Indian army, navy or air force after completing 2nd PUC with commerce stream?
  4. After passing SSC how to join Army, Navy or Air Force?
  5. Can I join Indian Army, Air force, Navy after 12th? I am 11th commerce student
  6. What is the role of Pharmacist in Indian Air Force? Scope for Pharmacy candidates in Air Force, Navy and Army? How can I join Navy, Army or Air Force being a Graduate in Pharmacy? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  8. Is it possible for me to get into Army or Air Force after clearing ITI exam?
  9. Can I join Indian Army or Indian Navy or Air Force as an Officer after graduation?
  10. Possibility to join NDA for a Commerce aspirant?
  11. Is there any possibility for a non-science student to get recruited in Indian Navy or Air Force?
  12. Is there any merit based selection for Army/Air Force/Navy recruitment through NDA-II entrance exam?
  13. Being a commerce post graduate how can I join Indian Defense?
  14. Can a Commerce student be eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force?
  15. Requirements to join Air Force or Navy or Army for BBA graduate?
  16. Commerce study is eligible for Air Force job ?
  17. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force?
  18. Is there any scope in Indian Navy for Arts student? Possibility to join?
28th April 2018, 06:06 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Army, Navy or Air Force for Commerce student?

If you want to get recruitment as an officer in defence service you have to appear and qualify for NDA examination.

The required qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible.

But you are eligible for recruitment only in Indian Army as it is mandatory to have mathematics and Physics in 12th to become eligible for Navy and Air Force.

The examination is conducted in two stages :

Written.

SSB.

For detail information about NDA examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th April 2018, 08:12 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream, you are eligible to join only in Indian Army through NDA examination. To be eligible to join in Indian Navy or Air Force, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board and those who are unmarried male candidates in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Army, Navy or Air Force.
28th April 2018, 08:33 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Since, you have opted for commerce stream for your Class 11th so you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force as a commissioned officer but you can join Indian Army as a commissioned officer by joining NDA i.e; National Defense Academy by qualifying NDA entrance examination which is held by UPSC twice every year.

Also, you can join Indian Army as a soldier clerk, soldier or tradesman, Indian Navy's non artificer cadre and airman Y group of Indian Air force by qualifying their respective recruitment rallies and written test.

For detailed information about above mentioned entries in Indian defense sector you can refer to the links www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and www.careerairforce.nic.in.
28th April 2018, 11:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed 12th in Commerce stream are not eligible to appear for examination to get recruitment in Air Force or Navy as an officer.

You are only eligible for recruitment as an officer in Indian Army. For recruitment you have to appear and qualify in Written and SSB.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year. Candidates are eligible to appear for examination while pursuing in 12th or passed from a recognised board.

For more detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th April 2018, 07:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible for recruitment in Indian Navy or Indian Air Force after qualifying in NDA examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that :

Candidate pursuing or have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

The required stream is :

Air Force and Navy - 12th in Physics and Mathematics.

Army - 12th in any discipline.

The examination is conducted in two stages.

It is conducted by UPSC. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th April 2018, 08:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having opted for Commerce stream for your Class 11th you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force wings of Indian defense services as a commissioned officer as for joining these wings you need to have pursued your Class 12th with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects.

Further, to join Indian Army you need to join NDA ( National Defense Academy ) by qualifying NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Also, for appearing in NDA entrance examination you need to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years. Also, you are required to hold higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

Further, you can join Indian Navy as a sailor, Indian Air force as an airman and Indian Army as a soldier, soldier clerk, etc. by qualifying their respective recruitment process regarding which details can be gathered by referring to their respective official links.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?