21st November 2014, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Is Maths compulsory to join Air Force in India?

Can't a pcb student who has not taken mathematics join air force in India sir? I mean to say is that is maths compulsory for joining air force in india?

22nd November 2014, 07:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths compulsory to join Air Force in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can't a pcb student who has not taken mathematics join air force in India sir? I mean to say is that is maths compulsory for joining air force in india?
Yes, Mathematics is compulsory for Air Force recruitment exam. You can join Indian Air force exam through NDA,CDS exam.

NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. NDA exam is conducted for recruitment in-Army wings, Navy wings, Air force Wings.

The minimum required qualification for NDA exam is 12th standard from a recognized board.If your 12th subject is mathematics and Physics then you are eligible for all above wings otherwise you can apply only for Indian Army.

The candidates age should be in between 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidate.Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply in NDA exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services examination. CDS Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission

To enter the Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

You can get more information regarding the exam at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th April 2020, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am from science field I want to join air force army what can I do?
20th April 2020, 08:25 AM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Is Maths compulsory to join Air Force in India?

Without maths, you are not eligible for Indian Navy and Air Force.

Mathematics is compulsory for Air Force recruitment exam. You can join Indian Air force exam through NDA,CDS exam. NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

The candidates can enter the IAF after passing class 12th also. All men, who have passed the exam of class 12th, may join National Defence Academy (NDA) by passing the written exam and SSB interview. Once the training is completed, the candidates join the IAF. The exam for NDA is conducted by the UPSC twice a year

Commerce and arts students can apply NDA, but they can apply for Army Wing of NDA only
8th October 2020, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I become airfoce officer by basic math
8th September 2021, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Which maths are important for iaf standard maths Or basic maths
16th September 2021, 09:10 AM
Singhskomal

Mathematics and physics are compulsory subjects to join Indian Air force.
There are four ways to join Air force which are :-
NDA ( National defence academy)
CDS ( combined defence services)
NCC ( National cadet corps)
SSC (Short service commission) (AFCAT).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?