7th September 2017, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a District Commissioner after B.Com?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a B.Com student and it's my final year. After my B.Com, I have a dream to become a district commissioner, but I don't have any idea, what I have to do. Please advise me.

7th September 2017, 10:53 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a District Commissioner after B.Com?

You cannot become a district commissioner just after completing B.Com. IPS officers who performs well in their career gets promotion and the becomes a district commissioner. So, at first you have to write the Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC for IPS and for this examination you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You should have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university.

> You must be an Indian citizen.

> Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years, for SC/ST candidates it is 37 years and for OBC it is 35 years.

> You must have a good height and should be physically fit.
8th September 2017, 01:30 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no direct recruitment as Police Commissioner in the district and one can achieve the post after some promotion.

So, first you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

Since you are in final year of B.Com, you can appear in examination next year. The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit. Candidates have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

For syllabus and examination procedure visit at official website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th September 2017, 08:43 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for the post of District Commissioner. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, the minimum qualification required to be eligible is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As you are a B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) student, I am sure you are eligible to apply for the post of District Commissioner recruitment.

>> Bachelor Degree in any stream is accepted and you are required to appear in Entrance Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

>> You are required to qualify Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and is followed by Interview for becoming District Commissioner.
8th September 2017, 10:53 PM
Thexpert
Banned

There is no direct recruitment for the post of District officer, The post is filled by the IPS officers.
Through the promotion IPS officer get the position of District officer. For this first you have to become a IPS officer. To become a IPS officer you have to qualify the civil service exam conducted by the UPSC.
8th September 2017, 11:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to crack exams like UPSC civil services exam for administrative level jobs. You will start with entry level job and then with experience, you can become a district commissioner.

Hence, make sure you have degree before applying for it. Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?