7th September 2017, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Steps to pass preliminary exam of IPS

I have passed 12th exam successfully in physics, biology and chemistry. Now I want to be an IPS officer. How to prepare for preliminary exam of ips exam? What should I do now? What are the steps to be pass in preliminary exam of IPS exam?

8th September 2017, 12:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to pass preliminary exam of IPS

Preliminary stage is the first stage of Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination consists of two paper.

Paper I - General Studies ( 200 marks ).

Paper II - CSAT ( 200 marks ).

Paper II is considered as qualifying paper ( 66 marks out of 200 ).

Paper I contains questions of History, Geography, Polity, Economy, Current Affairs, Science.

So, you must start preparation for examination as according to syllabus. For complete syllabus of examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th September 2017, 08:50 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure required to apply for Indian Police Services (IPS):

There is a certain procedure to be followed for appearing in Indian Police Services. In order to join IPS, you are required to appear in an entrance examination called "CSAT" (Civil Services Aptitude Test) conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

As you have passed 12th Class, I suggest you to first pursue Graduation in the stream in which you are most interested at. There are basically 3 rounds to join IPS.

>> Preliminary Examination
>> Main Examination
>> Interview

Some of the best books are,

@ History of Modern India by Bipan Chandra
@ Indian Polity 5th Edition
@ Science and Technology in India by Ashok Singh
@ General Studies Paper I and II by Arihant
9th September 2017, 01:47 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To qualify in Preliminary stages one have to prepare for Current Affairs, General Science, Social Studies.

Candidates also have to qualify in CSAT paper of examination.

Candidates after qualifying in Preliminary stages will have to appear for Mains and after qualifying in Mains will be eligible for Interview.

So, you must prepare for examination as according to syllabus of examination. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?