27th March 2017, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become an ISRO scientist after B.Tech in biotechnology

I have passion to work in ISRO as a research or engineer about rockets and satellites
But I have a B.Tech degree from biotechnology stream. Can I get a job in ISRO? If not, what courses should I pursue further to achieve a job at ISRO as a rocket or satellite engineer or as an astronaut?

28th March 2017, 01:26 PM
kalamrockz

Default Re: Procedure to become an ISRO scientist after B.Tech in biotechnology

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in ISRO after completion of your B.Tech(Bio-Technology) as there is no eligibility for it. Till now ISRO has not yet published any such advertisement regarding the recruitment of Bio-Technology passed candidates, however you should keep on checking the official website of DRDO and ISRO and see if there is any such vacancy.

I have provided the links below, kindly click on them to visit the official website.

http://www.drdo.gov.in/

http://isro.gov.in/
28th March 2017, 05:31 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

First of all I appreciate your willingness to work in ISRO as a research or Engineer. You have completed your B.Tech degree in Biotechnology.

**I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for ISRO Scientist (Engineer) post. The main reason is that ISRO recruits only Electronics/ Mechanical/ Computer Science students. It does not allow Biotechnology students to fill the application form.

**There is not any as such course which you can pursue for getting job in this reputed company. The only thing is that they recruit only B.E/ B.Tech students of specified discipline.
28th August 2019, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

After completing b tech in biotechnology and then going for a diploma in aeronautical engineering can get a job in ISRO?
28th October 2019, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is best in doing Mtech after doing btech biotechnology for better career?
31st March 2022, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I join isro after doing btech in biotech or I can do any pg course after my ug course and then opt for isro
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?