5th November 2016, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for Railway engine driver's post after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing B.Tech (4th year) in Mechanical Engineering. I want to know am I eligible to apply for Railway engine driver' post? If yes then please tell me the procedure to do so.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Railway Engine driver's post (Loco Pilot) after completing class 12th?
  2. Can I apply for Railway Engine Driver Post after completing 10th with 95% marks
  3. Can I apply for Railway engine driver after scoring 93% marks in Intermediate?
  4. What are the posts available in Indian Railway for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer? Procedure to apply?
  5. How to join the Railway Engine Driver Loco Pilot?
  6. Can I apply for railway exam after completing B.E in mechanical engineering with 64.6%
  7. How to apply for Railway engine driver after completing 12th with 70% marks?
  8. Procedure to become a railway engine driver? -- [New]
  9. How can I get admission in Railway Engineering colleges after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? Is there a special exam for admission?
  10. How to apply for Indian Railway with my Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What is the criteria to be a loco pilot of Rajdhani express?
  12. Can I apply for junior engineer post in railway after lateral entry diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. Job opportunities after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Eligibility for the post of Junior Engineer in Railways after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering through lateral entry in 2nd year?
  15. How can I apply for the post of Mechanical Engineer in Railway Service Commission?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for railway ticket checker post? I have passed diploma in mechanical engineering
  17. Can I do B.Tech from AMIE after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. Am I capable of being an Engine Driver after Mechanical engineering?
6th November 2016, 09:56 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Railway engine driver's post after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, as you are a student of B.Tech mechanical engineering, so after completion of the course you will be eligible to apply for the post of a railway engine driver. You have to appear for an entrance examination which is conducted by RRB (railway Recruitment Board) every year. Here is the eligibility criteria to appear for this examination:

> Candidates should have completed their 10th standard and must hold an ITI degree in specific trade.

> Candidates who have completed their engineering in electrical/mechanical/electronics/automobile are also eligible to apply.

> The age of the candidates should be in between 18 to 30 years and the reserved category candidates will get age relaxation a per government norms.

After qualifying the examination you will be selected as a diesel/electric locomotive assistant driver and after gaining proper experience you will get promoted to an engine driver
6th November 2016, 10:29 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Railway engine driver's post after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, as you are a student of B.Tech mechanical engineering, so after completion of the course you will be eligible to apply for the post of a railway engine driver. You have to appear for an entrance examination which is conducted by RRB (railway Recruitment Board) every year. Here is the eligibility criteria to appear for this examination:

> Candidates should have completed their 10th standard and must hold an ITI degree in specific trade.

> Candidates who have completed their engineering in electrical/mechanical/electronics/automobile are also eligible to apply.

> The age of the candidates should be in between 18 to 30 years and the reserved category candidates will get age relaxation a per government norms.

After qualifying the examination you will be selected as a diesel/electric locomotive assistant driver and after gaining proper experience you will get promoted to an engine driver
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?