18th November 2015, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should i choose in Class 11th for becoming an IPS officer?

I want to become an ips officer in future. So tell me which subject should i choose in 11th class for the purpose?

18th November 2015, 07:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should i choose in Class 11th for becoming an IPS officer?

To become an IPS officer, you can opt any stream of your interest in 11th standard. There is no particular subject or course that you need to choose for becoming an IPS officer. To become an IPS officer, the candidate must have to appear in IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. To be eligible to appear in IPS examination, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. So, I suggest you to opt any stream in which you are interested in your 11th standard and as well as in Bachelor's degree course. By appearing and qualifying in all rounds of IPS examination, you can become an IPS officer.
18th November 2015, 10:59 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subject should i choose in Class 11th for becoming an IPS officer?

There is nothing to do with the stream in the 10+2 and in the graduation to appear for the civil services examination.

So, you are eligible to pursue the course of your choice to appear for the examination. The civil services examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection.

So, from now if possible try to make a paper as a favourite so that you can select it as the Mains paper for the civil services examination.
18th November 2015, 11:40 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, I am pleased with your determination and your initiative from the very beginning towards your dream as this is the right time to get ready for it.

But, you are eligible to pursue any course in the 10+2 and even in the graduation to appear for the civil services examination conducted for the recruitment of the IAS, IPS, IFS etc...

So, according to me you need to take the stream in which you have interest. For details about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
25th November 2015, 02:37 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

You can choose any subject of your interest. Since you are at very young stage right now.
For civil service exam, you should have very good general knowledge.

You should start reading a newspaper daily and a monthly magazine.
Since exam pattern keeps changing every 4 to 5 years, so dont worry about the type of questions being asked.

Also, you can start reading NCERTs of history, geography, science. They are the most useful standard books.

You can start full time preparation after your graduation.
30th November 2016, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I opt for Humanities along with sociology and economics with mathematics in class 11 to become an IPS officer later in my life?
10th February 2020, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Please can you suggest me some subjects in the Arts stream in order to get help in future for being an IPS officer further? Please kindly help me%uD83D%uDE4F!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?