10th May 2016, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

What kind of posts are available in Indian Navy for girls?

Hello Sir,
I am a Girl and I want to join in Indian Navy. I have passed 12th with 71.2%. What are the posts available for me in Indian Navy?

Related Questions:
12th May 2016, 05:10 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of posts are available in Indian Navy for girls?

Some of the Branches in Indian Navy in which girls have the opportunity to join are as under :-

* IT

* Observer

* Electrical Engineering

* Logistics

* Technical Branch etc.

As girls are not allowed to appear in NDA exam, you have to first complete your Bachelors degree and after that you can apply for CDS exam conducted by UPCS to join in the any of the above mentioned branch of Indian Navy.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam to join Indian Navy :-

Academic qualification : Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Degree in Physics or Mathematics as main subjects from recognized University.

Age limit : 19 years to 22 years .

Selection Process :

Written exam

SSB interview

Medical test.

Written Exam syllabus :

General knowledge

General English

Elementary Mathematics.
12th May 2016, 05:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, girls are not eligible to appear for NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice every year. So, you cannot join Indian Navy.

But, you can join the service after pursuing graduation degree after qualifying in CDS. The examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in Mathematics or Physics or have B.tech/B.E. The age limit is 19-22 years.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th May 2016, 09:41 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am a Girl and I want to join in Indian Navy. I have passed 12th with 71.2%. What are the posts available for me in Indian Navy?
There is so many posts are available for girls in Indian Nevy. Few fields are given below..
*. Observer
*. Law
*. Logistic
*. ATC (Air Traffic Control)
*. Education
*. Naval Architecture
>> Almost all posts for girls are officer rank which require..
1). Graduation degree with at least 60% in aggregate from any recognised university.
2). Having Physics & Maths in 12th standard.
3). Age must be lie between 18 to 24 years.
>> After completing graduation one should fill the form of CDS(Combined Defence Service) & full fill all the criteria for whichever post they want to get selected.
13th May 2016, 12:36 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Now, girls are eligible for permanent commission in Indian Navy also an officer. So you are eligible to join as an officer but not now.

To join Navy being a girl candidate you have to appear and qualify in CDS which is conducted by UPSC in month of February and August every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor in Science ( Physics or Mathematics) or have B.tech/B.E.

The age limit to appear for examination is 19-22 years. So, you have to wait till bachelor degree. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th August 2020, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Medical streme is available in indian navy for girls
13th August 2020, 08:58 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: What kind of posts are available in Indian Navy for girls?

Indian Navy Girls Entry Scheme 2020-2021

Indian Navy, female candidates can join the Law wing of the service. Any female law graduate within the age group of 22 to 27 years is eligible to apply for this post. The law degree must be completed with aggregate 55% marks.

Other Posts are:

ATC (Air Traffic Control)
Observer.
Law.
Logistics.
Naval Architecture.
Pilot (Maritime Reconnaissance Stream only)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?