9th April 2015, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

What kind of posts are available in Indian Railway for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?

Hello everyone,
I want to join Indian Railway for a reputed post.
I have done B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
Please let me know which are the posts available
for me in Indian Railway?
Please reply to me immediately.

24th April 2015, 09:42 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of posts are available in Indian Railway for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?

Dear there are various opportunities for Mechanical Engineering student in Indian Railways. And as per the category of posts concerned you will have posts like " Group A, Group B, Group C and Group D ". And among all the posts you are eligible to each and every post.

But in general Mechanical Engineering students apply for the posts of Group A and Group B. Since the posts under Group A and B are very professional in Level. That is reason why all Mechanical students opt for these posts.

Group A :

You should complete graduation from the recognized University.

And also if you are interested to enter in to the Group A services you should have passed the UPSC Civils Examinations.

Thus you will be alloted for various posts in Indian Railways like Indian Railway Traffic Service, Accounts Service ,Personnel Service and Railway Protection Service.

Group B :

You should have a professional qualification like Engineering , Medicine like this.

More over you must cleared the examinations like IES(Indian Engineering Services ) or Combined Medical Examination.
25th April 2015, 08:50 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: What kind of posts are available in Indian Railway for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?

You have done Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering that means you are eligible for various posts in Indian Railways and it is good to see your interest in Indian railways because engineers and other graduates have a lot of better scope in railway field that is why your choice is right and you just need to work according to the requirement and you can secure a reputed job in Indian Railways :

01. Indian Railways Assistant Station Master : Any graduate can apply for this reputed job in Railways and your age must not exceed 30 years and must be minimum 18 years to apply.

You need to clear written test, psychology test and interview process to become an ASM in Railways so lets start preparation for this test.

02. Indian Railways Assistant Engineer (Mechanical) Exam : Candidate must have passed B.E. / B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university and age should not be more than 30 years to apply.

If you apply for this recruitment then you need to clear written test and interview only and written test is consist of subjects such as - Mathematics/ Reasoning/ General Knowledge and Knowledge of the subject (Mechanical engineering) that you can easily pass after few months preparation.

Indian Railways Junior Engineer recruitment : Junior engineers are recruited in various disciplines such as Electrical/ Electronics/ Communication/ Computer/ IT/ Mechanical/ Civil and all candidates having a degree or diploma in concerned discipline are eligible to apply.

Indian Railways Ticket Collector Examination : Candidates having passed 10th are eligible but this is also a well reputed job in Railways you can apply for. Your age should be between 18-30 years and you need to clear written exam and psychology test to become a TC in Railways.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?