23rd January 2014, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

What to do to become an Indian Administrative Service Officer? Qualification, books and general knowledge?

what should I have to do to become an indian administrative service?....officer....now iam doing my bcom a&f 2nd year ....what qualification should I have? what type of books should I study to improve my general knowledge? I will be obliged if you read my questions and help me.....thank you so much

28th January 2014, 07:22 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What to do to become an Indian Administrative Service Officer? Qualification, books and general knowledge?

To become Indian Administrative Officer you will need to first meet the eligibility criteria to appear for the examination.You must be an Indian Citizen first.You must have hold a degree of any university incorporated by an Act of the State or central government.
Final year candidates are also eligible to appear for the exam.

You must have have a bachelor degree,and the stream might be of any course.The minimum you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination.

Maximum of four attempts are only allowed.Basically this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in case of reserved candidates like Scheduled Castes/Tribes/OBC candidates.Of course the age relaxation will also be available for the physically handicapped candidates.

You must have respective Date of Birth,it is accepted by the commission is that entered in Matriculation in a certificate given by the Indian University equivalent to matriculation.You can prepare the following best books,

>> Preliminary examination topic wise solved papers by Upscportal(Kalinjar Publication)
>> Manorama Yearbook 2014 by Manorama ( For General Knowledge )

Try to prepare current affairs and general knowledge comprehensive coverage from Nov 2012 to April 2014.I think it is very sufficient to prepare for the IAS Exam.Three current affairs updates every month in the duration of 10 days.Kindly follow the given books to increase knowledge on General knowledge.
26th April 2015, 11:45 AM
Ashwakh

Default Re: What to do to become an Indian Administrative Service Officer? Qualification, books and general knowledge?

To become an Indian Administrative officer , minimum qualification is Graduation . As you are in B.com second year now , you need to complete your graduation now. After completion of graduation you can apply for the Ips exam .

~ Note that ,

* Age shouldbe in between 21-30 years , for General category candidates
* Age shouldbe in between 21-33 years , for Obc category candidates
* Age shouldbe in between 21-35 years , for sc and st category candidates
* The candidates shouldhave completed graduation from a Recognised university
* The candidate shouldbe a citizen of India

So , you should satisfy the above mentioned eligiblity criteria points of the Ips exam to apply for it.

Selection process is ,

1. preliminary exam
2. main exam
3. interview

-->> You shouldbe well prepared in all the following subjects to crack the exam.

1. Indian History
2. Geography
3. Economy
4. indian Polity
5. General science
6. Current affairs
7. Mental ability , etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?