9th December 2016, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification criteria required to become a Police Officer? What is the height and weight required?

Respected Sir, I want to become a Police Officer so I want to know what is the qualification criteria required to become a Police Officer? What is the height and weight required? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the average height required to become an IPS officer?
  2. Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service having 5'6" height and 58 kgs weight being a B.Com 2nd year student? Qualification required to join?
  3. Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service having 5'2" height and 62 kgs weight being a B.A. 2nd year student? Qualification required to join?
  4. Minimum height and weight required to become a lady police officer?
  5. What is the minimum qualification required for applying IPS Police officer post?
  6. What is the minimum height required for the selection of SA in Kerala Police?
  7. What is the qualification criteria required for Sub Inspector's Post? What is the age limit to apply for the Post?
  8. How can I become a Police SI? What is the qualification criteria required?
  9. How can I become a CID Officer? Height and weight required? -- [New]
  10. What is the minimum height required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any other Physical criteria required?
  11. What is the qualification required for Kerala Police Constable? How much is the height requirement and educational qualification?
  12. What is the minimum Height required to become an IPS Officer? What are the other Physical criteria required?
  13. What are the physical requirements to become an IPS officer? Qualifications requirement for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Minimum height and weight required for NSG commando?
  15. How much height is required to become a Collector and IPS officer?
  16. What is the minimum height and weight required for becoming a pilot?
  17. Weight and Height required to apply in CDS exam for female candidate?
  18. What is the qualification criteria required to become an Inspector of Police? Do I need to appear in any entrance exam?
11th December 2016, 01:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required to become a Police Officer? What is the height and weight required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to become a Police Officer so I want to know what is the qualification criteria required to become a Police Officer? What is the height and weight required? Please answer as soon as possible.
IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
11th December 2016, 04:22 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required to become a Police Officer? What is the height and weight required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

There are various posts in Police Department like Sub Inspector, Constable etc. To become a Sub Inspector of Police one should be a graduate in any discipline with good physique. The candidate’s age should be between 20 to 28 years for general category, 30 years for BC, MBC/DNC, 33 years for SC/ST and 45 years for Ex-Servicemen. The candidate height should be 170 cm minimum for men general category, 167 cm for SC/ST and women 159 Cm for general & women 157 cm minimum for SC/ST. The chest for men should be 81 – 86 cm. The selection process consists of Physical Efficiency Test, Written Test, Interview and Medical Standard Test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?