31st March 2017, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum Height required to become an IPS Officer? What are the other Physical criteria required?

Respected Sir, I want to become an IPS Officer but I want to be sure about the minimum height required so I want to know what is the minimum Height required to become an IPS Officer? What are the other Physical criteria required? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How much height is required to become a Collector and IPS officer?
  2. What is the minimum height required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any other Physical criteria required?
  3. What is the minimum qualification required for applying IPS Police officer post?
  4. What is the average height required to become an IPS officer?
  5. What are the physical requirements to become an IPS officer? Qualifications requirement for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the physical criteria required to become a STF officer?
  7. What is the Role of an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IPS Officer?
  8. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  9. Minimum height required to to join Vimukta Jati Case to become an IPS
  10. What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any Physical criteria required?
  11. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required for IPS exam? How can I apply for the exam?
  12. What should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write?
  13. What is the minimum height required for the selection of SA in Kerala Police?
  14. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  15. What is the Physical criteria required for IAS post?
  16. Minimum height required for a General Female Candidate to get in IPS?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IPS officer?
  18. What is the qualification criteria required to become an Income Tax Officer? Are there any Physical eligibility required?
2nd April 2017, 12:17 AM
perthc

Default Re: What is the minimum Height required to become an IPS Officer? What are the other Physical criteria required?

Hi,

If you are male and general candidate then minimum height required for IPS Officer is 165 cm & ST (not the SC/ OBC) is 160 cm.

If you are female and general candidate theis 145 cm.

Other Physical criteria which is required are--->

Chest –>
  1. For Male minimum is 84 cm with 5cm expansion.
  2. For Female minimum 79 cm with 5cm expansion.
Eye sight –>
  1. 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.
  2. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
  3. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye.
3rd April 2017, 12:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum Height required to become an IPS Officer? What are the other Physical criteria required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to become an IPS Officer but I want to be sure about the minimum height required so I want to know what is the minimum Height required to become an IPS Officer? What are the other Physical criteria required? Please answer as soon as possible.
Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?