25th July 2016, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become an IPS Officer being a graduate?

I have done my Graduation. I want to join Indian Police Service. I want to become an IPS Officer. Kindly let me know what I should do to achieve my aim? I am already a graduate now. Please help me anyone.

25th July 2016, 10:09 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an IPS Officer being a graduate?

To become IPS officer you have to crack the Civil Services Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. Once you qualify the preliminary exam then you will have to qualify the Mains and then you will be called for interview.
For the preparation you can join a coaching institute or you can prepare by your own self also.
Keep yourself updated with current affairs.
Your basics in each subject should be clear.
Make your English language strong.
Your calculations should be upto the mark.
25th July 2016, 10:26 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to become an IPS officer:-

Candidate must be Indian

Candidate must have degree from a recognised University

Candidate must be physically fit

Minimum height for men is 165 centimetres

Minimum highest for women is 150 centimetres

Number of attempts for this exam for general category 6 attempts

Number of attempts for this exam for SC/ST category is unlimited.
25th July 2016, 11:14 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

For joining Indian Police Services as Officer, you will have to crack all three stages of Civil Services examination namely Preliminary, Mains and interview. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university and minimum age must be 21 years.

Since you are graduate, you can apply for this examination. The notification for this examination will come in February 2017. Civil Services examination Preliminary stage will be conducted on 18th June, 2016.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?