31st October 2016, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam while doing graduation course in biology with 19 years of age?

I am a 19 year old boy doing graduation in biology honors am i eligible for NDA exam ? if no,then is their is any other exam like such post in defence academy. actually i have less marks in my hsc exam thats why i prefer to continue b.sc so please say me any way to work in it . please send a feed back to me...

31st October 2016, 10:19 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam while doing graduation course in biology with 19 years of age?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA examination:

Academic qualification: Minimum of 10+2 board passed or appearing. No specific percentage of marks required.

Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Unmarried male candidates can apply.

You are within age limit, you can apply for NDA once only because after that you will over age. With less marks also, you can apply for NDA. Second option for you is Combined Defence Services after bachelor's degree.
31st October 2016, 10:21 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam while doing graduation course in biology with 19 years of age?

--> NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same you need to appear and qualify NDA entrance examination which is held by UPSC twice every year in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum criteria needed to be fulfilled for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board. For joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force your academics must include PCM as your main subjects.

So being a 19 year old boy and pursuing biology honors degree you age eligible for NDA on educational qualification requirement prospective but your age till next NDA will exceed the maximum age limit.

But you do not need to worry as you will have an another option through CDS entrance examination for your recruitment as officer in Indian Military ( Army ) once you completed your honors degree course.

For further details regarding bot NDA and CDS enttrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2016, 10:39 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed 12th in any discipline from a recognised board are eligible to appear for NDA examination.

But candidates born after 02nd January 1998 and before 01 January 2001 are only eligible to appear for NDA I 2017 which will be conducted in April.

So, if your born in between you are eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in both the stages for final selection for job in Army.
31st October 2016, 10:50 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

For joining NDA exam your age in between 16-1/2 - 19 Years at the time of commencement of course.

My suggestion is that you focus on your graduation course in biology which has also more scope.
31st October 2016, 11:28 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To appear in NDA,a candidate must have minimum qualification of 12th standard with non medical stream from a recognised board but as you are a Biology student hence you are not eligible to apply for this exam. Age limit should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.
But after graduation you can appear in Combined Defence Services Exam if you want to enter in defence field. So try to score more than 60% marks in your graduation in order to appear in this exam as minimum eligibility criteria.
31st October 2016, 11:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC two times every year. NDA examination consists of two stages like written test and Service Selection board.

The academic qualification required for this examination is senior secondary from a recognized board. You can apply for NDA exam with less marks in HSC also. As you are biology stream, you can apply for Army wing under NDA examination. Only unmarried male Indian candidates are eligible for NDA examination.

The age limit for NDA examination is 16.5-19.5 years. You are 19 years, so you can apply for NDA examination.
31st October 2016, 11:40 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA entrance examination:

1. You must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. For Navy and Air Force, physics and mathematics is necessary.

2. Age limit for NDA examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

3. Female candidates are not allowed for this examination.

Your age is 19 years which is less than 19.5 years and therefore, you are eligible to apply for NDA examination. Minimum of passing percentage of marks is required to apply for NDA exam.
31st October 2016, 11:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Being a Biology honors student you are eligible NDA examination on the educational requirement prospective but I am worried that by the next NDA entrance examination your age will exceed the maximum age limit for the same examination which is 19.5 years.

* But once you complete your bachelor degree you will have the option of becoming defense officer through CDS in Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy as for other two wings of CDS i.e; Naval Academy and Air force Academy your graduation must be in Physics/ Mathematics / Engineering stream.

* Apart from educational requirement for the same examination your age must be within 19 years to 24 years for IMA and 19 years to 25 years for OTA. Also your nationality must be of India.

For further details regarding the same examination you must refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
1st November 2016, 08:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 19 year old boy doing graduation in biology honors am i eligible for NDA exam ? if no,then is their is any other exam like such post in defence academy. actually i have less marks in my hsc exam thats why i prefer to continue b.sc so please say me any way to work in it . please send a feed back to me...
As per age criteria, you are eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
1st November 2016, 11:34 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible for NDA examination at this instant with 19 years of age.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognised University are eligible for NDA examination.
Candidates age must not exceed 19 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?