31st October 2016, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do B.Ed after scoring only 47% marks in Graduation?

I have got 47 percentage in graduation ....i am interested in doing bed..but i have got 62 percentage in 12th std..... Can you please give me the details on the same? What is the procedure followed to do B.Ed course? Awaiting for the response.

31st October 2016, 08:14 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Ed after scoring only 47% marks in Graduation?

No, you are not eligible for B.ED course after completion of graduation with 47% marks. For this course candidates must have completed their graduation with 50% or above marks. But if you are from a reserved category then you can apply for this course as candidates from reserved category gets 5% relaxation in marks. Thanks
31st October 2016, 09:15 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Ed after scoring only 47% marks in Graduation?

First of all you need to clear entrance test.
Eligibility criteria are as under:-
Candidate must have a degree of graduation from a recognized university.
Candidate must have have at least 50% aggregate in their graduation.
5 years age relaxation is given to obc and sc/st candidates.
Upper age limit is not required yet.
31st October 2016, 10:17 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education.

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed course:

Bachelor's degree in any discipline form a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for examination.

You should have at least 50% marks in bachelor's degree to apply for B.Ed course.

SC/ST candidates need 45% marks only. If you belong to SC/ST then you are eligible.
31st October 2016, 10:24 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are behind the minimum marks required to appear for entrance examination to get admission in B.Ed course in recognised university.

The minimum required aggregate is 50% but relaxation for candidates of reserved category.

So, you will not be able to appear for examination if belonging to general category and so not eligible to get admission in bachelor of education course.
31st October 2016, 10:35 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

It will be difficult to get admission for B.Ed. course after completing Graduation with just 47% marks .

B.Ed stands for Bachelor's of Education. Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is a two year duration undergraduate academic degree which qualifies the graduate as a teacher in schools. Admission to B.Ed. course is based on the entrance exam conducted by various States or concerned Colleges or universities.

Educational qualification required for admission in B.Ed. course is Bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized University.There is no restriction on upper age limit and time of attempts for getting admission in this degree .
31st October 2016, 10:35 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education and it two year duration course.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission in course is :-

Candidate must have passed minimum bachelor degree from recognised university.

Candidate must have minimum 50% in degree for general category and 45% for reserved category.

So, if you belong to reserved category you can appear for entrance examination to get the admission in course.
31st October 2016, 10:44 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

No,you are not eligible to do B.Ed after scoring 47% marks in Graduation.

->>The minimum percentage required to join B.Ed. course is 50% marks. You must have Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) form a recognised board/university with minimum 50% marks.

->>Also for admission in this course you have to clear B.Ed. Entrance Test conducted by various universities of the different states.
31st October 2016, 11:10 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Education:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. Minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree is required to apply for B.Ed course.

You are not eligible for Bachelor of Education course with 47% marks in bachelor's degree.
31st October 2016, 11:13 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education and is a professional degree course required by those who are intereted to make their career as teacher.

The minimum educational requirement for the same course is a bachelor degree course in any discipline with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized university.

So having manged 47% marks in your graduation degree you are not eligible for the same course as for the same minimum requirement is 50%.
31st October 2016, 11:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The full form of B.Ed is Bachelor of Education. The academic qualification required for B.Ed course is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Those pursuing final year bachelor's degree can also apply for this course. Some institute take entrance examination and some take admission on basis of marks in bachelor's degree.

The percentage of marks required for this course is 50%. You have only 47% marks and there is no chance for you to apply for this course if you belong to General and OBC category and you can apply if you belong to SC/ST category.
31st October 2016, 11:26 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to pursue B.Ed course:

Candidate must have done graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with at least 50% marks for General Category and relaxation of 5% is given to the candidates of reserved Categories. You have to qualify the entrance exam if you want to pursue B.Ed through a recognised and government university.
So be prepared for the entrance exam if you are eligible.
31st October 2016, 11:44 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

If you belong to reserved category i.e., SC/ ST then you are eligible to pursue Bachelor of Education course. On the other side, if you belong to OBC/ General or unreserved category then you are not eligible to pursue this B.Ed course. The minimum percentage criteria required in Graduation to be eligible for pursuing this B.Ed course is "50% marks". As you have scored 47% marks in Graduation, you are not eligible if you belong to OBC/ General category.
31st October 2016, 11:45 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Education:

*Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

*Percentage of marks for candidates of different category:

General and OBC category: 50% marks in graduation.

SC/ST candidate: 45%.

You can check your eligibility as per your category.
1st November 2016, 08:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got 47 percentage in graduation ....i am interested in doing bed..but i have got 62 percentage in 12th std..... Can you please give me the details on the same? What is the procedure followed to do B.Ed course? Awaiting for the response.
Your graduation degree marks is below 50%, So you are not eligible for B.Ed course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation or masters degree with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.

There are no age criteria.
1st November 2016, 04:14 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Sorry, you are not eligible to do B.Ed after scoring only 47% marks in Graduation. The minimum qualification required for entry into B.Ed course is a B.A or B.Sc or B.Com with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university. The relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC candidates. The admission to the B.Ed course will be done through an entrance examination. So it is not possible to study B.Ed after scoring less than 50% marks in graduation.
1st November 2016, 10:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for B.Ed exam after passing examination with 47% if you are SC/ ST category.

For general category minimum 50% marks is require.

If you want you can do B.Ed through distance education.

There are many University offering B.Ed through distance education.

Dr.B.R.Ambedkar open University.

Indira Gandhi National Open University, IGNOU

Karnatka State Open University.

Kota Open University.

Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University.

Nalanda Open University.

Tamil Nadu Open University.

1st November 2016, 11:28 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to opt for the B.Ed course after the completion of Graduation with only 47% of marks in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to do B.Ed course.
22nd February 2019, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to apply a post of teacher my qualification is graduation 43% with B.ED
23rd February 2019, 07:19 PM
sajid98

Post Re: Am I eligible to do B.Ed after scoring only 47% marks in Graduation?

No you can't but if you belongs to a reservation category then you are eligible
B.A ,B.SC , B.COM students can eligible for b.ed admission in a recognised institution if he/she have minimum marks 50% there also relaxation of 5% marks for reservations category sc,St,obc etc.
26th February 2019, 04:05 AM
Maa Ka Pyar

B.Ed stands for bachelor of education which provides the opportunity to become a teacher in a school after clearing the state TET (teacher eligibility test) or CTET (central teacher eligibility test) exam which generally conducted by respective state and central government respectively.
To get admission in B.Ed the minimum criteria is
1. Candidate must have graduate atleast 50% from any recognised university or institute.
But you don't have aggregate 50%marks in graduation then you can't do B.Ed but in India there are so many university are also providing opportunity to get admission in B.Ed if you have less score in graduation.
1st March 2019, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

No, according to the education system of b. Ed students who get less than 50% marks in graduation are not eligible to get admission. But those who belongs to reserve category like Sc, St, etc 5% marks relaxation given to them.
28th January 2020, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to do b.ed after scoring 48% marks graduation and 51% marks in post graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?