16th December 2016, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to pursue BCA course if I had Computer Application in HS (Arts)?

Respected Sir, I have completed my HS with Arts stream but I had Computer Application as a subject so I want to know can I pursue BCA course if I had Computer Application in HS (Arts)? If yes then please tell me the procedure to apply for admission.

18th December 2016, 12:53 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue BCA course if I had Computer Application in HS (Arts)?

Yes, you are of course eligible to pursue this BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) course after successful completion of 12th Class in Arts stream. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for pursuing this course is "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university.

>> Remember you must have studied "12th Class" with Mathematics subjects in order to be eligible.

>> If you have studied Mathematics at 12th level, then I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to pursue this BCA course.

>> The minimum percentage you must have secured in 12th Class is 50% marks in order to be eligible.
18th December 2016, 06:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue BCA course if I had Computer Application in HS (Arts)?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Arts. To be eligible to pursue BCA course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board. Most of the institutes offer admission in BCA course to candidates who have passed 12th standard with Mathematics as a subject. The eligibility criteria required to pursue BCA course varies from university to university. So, I suggest you to check the eligibility criteria required to get admission for pursuing BCA course in the college official website where you wish to take admission in BCA course.
18th December 2016, 09:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my HS with Arts stream but I had Computer Application as a subject so I want to know can I pursue BCA course if I had Computer Application in HS (Arts)? If yes then please tell me the procedure to apply for admission.
No, you are not eligible for BCA course.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
18th December 2016, 11:40 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in the above mentioned course if you have not studied science at your +2 level of education as it is the minimum eligibility requirement in order to get admission in BCA course. You should have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate and should have scored a minimum of 50% in mathematics subject.

You will have to fill up the application form which can be availed either from the prospective college/university or you can avail the application form from the official website of the institute and fill up the application form and appear for an entrance test conducted by the respective institute and after clearing the examination you will be most eligible to avail a seat to pursue your course ahead.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?