10th September 2015, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Fine Arts if secured 48% in 12th?

Hi,
I have completed my 12th with 48% marks. I want to do Bachelor of Fine Arts course. Please let me know that I am eligible to study or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Fine Arts if completed 12th Arts?
  2. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Fine Arts without studying Drawing in 12th Arts?
  3. Can I study Bachelor of Fine Arts after completing 12th Arts?
  4. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Fine Arts after completing 12th Science?
  5. Eligibility to get admission in Bachelor of Fine Arts for 12th Arts student?
  6. Can I get admission to study Bachelor of Fine Arts through Distance Education if completed 12th Arts?
  7. Is it beneficial to study Bachelor of Fine Arts for 12th Commerce girl candidate? List of colleges?
  8. Is there any entrance exam available to study Bachelor of Fine Arts course for 12th Arts student?
  9. Which course is best after completing Bachelors in Fine Arts?
  10. Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exams if completed Bachelor of Fine Arts?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC recruitment exams after completing Bachelor of Fine Arts?
  12. Best college to study Bachelor of Fine Arts in India? Eligibility criteria and percentage required in 12th to get admission?
  13. Eligibility to study Master's Degree in Design for Bachelor of Fine Arts graduate?
  14. Eligibility of doing diploma in Fine Arts after 12th commerce?
  15. I need to take arts or science stream in 12th for pursuing bachelors in fine arts?
  16. Requirements to get admission in BFA?
  17. How can I join distance education program for masters in fine arts after completing diploma in fine arts? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Procedure to get admission to study Bachelor of Fine Arts in Banaras Hindu University for 12th last year passout candidate?
11th September 2015, 06:38 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Fine Arts if secured 48% in 12th?

Yes,you will be eligible to study Bachelor of Fine Arts after securing 48% marks in 12th .

Bachelor of Fine Arts course is a three year duration undergraduate academic course in the field of Fine Arts.

The candidate must have passed 10+2 in any stream from a recognized board to take admission in this course .

Generally, there is no entrance test for B.F.A program. However, admission for this course in some universities are done on the basis of the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university .
11th September 2015, 07:18 PM
DSP@1

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Fine Arts if secured 48% in 12th?

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Fine Arts are:-

-Candidate must have completed his/her 12th standard from the recognized board.
-Candidate age must be above 17 years.

As the percentage is not mentioned in many universities and colleges there will be no
problem with your 48% in 12th standard.

But,if you want to get admission in some reputed Universities then there will be a
cutoff percentage it will be upto 50% in many universities.

As you have 48% only in your 12th standard you cannot apply for those reputed
universities but still you have a better chance to get admission in the universities
or colleges which are less reputed.
11th September 2015, 09:34 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for studying "Bachelor of Fine Arts" course is 12th Class from a recognized university. The minimum percentage required basically varies from institute to institute and other good news is "There is no such entrance examination" required to do Bachelor of Fine Arts course. Generally the minimum percentage required in 12th Class is "45% marks or more than that". Since you have secured 48% marks, I can say that you are eligible to pursue Bachelor of Fine Arts course. Some of the top colleges offer this course are, University of Bombay, J.J.Institute of Applied Art, Andhra University, National Gallery of Modern Art, Amrita School of Arts and Science, University of Calicut, Indian Institute of Crafts and Design, Jaipur. You may find employment opportunities in Theaters, Boutiques, Television Industries, Advertising Companies, Educational Organizations, Publishing Houses.
11th September 2015, 09:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the colleges ask for at least 50% marks in XII to become eligible for admission if there is an entrance exam. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

Hence, you have chance of admission only when you belong to reserved category. Otherwise, you will have difficulty in getting admission in a top college.
14th September 2015, 09:48 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends..................

Yes, you can eligible for Fine Arts in graduation.

Eligibility:-

For applying this exam you minimum have 12th from the recognized board.

And age must be above 17 years.

Most of the Universities not mentioned percentages.
Some universities take 50% as an average.

So, you don’t have a problem with your percentage.
Some of top Colleges want min 60% required.

As per the College standard colleges set there required percentage.
So, you have a choice to attend the college which is the best as per your requirement.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?