14th December 2015, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Is BA (Political Science) degree from Annamalai University valid for IAS?

Sir, i am planning to do distance education in annamalai university for BA course or degree in political science stream. So i want to know if this degree valid for IAS?

Related Questions:
  1. Degree from Annamalai university is approved by UGC and AICTE and is valid for government jobs or not?
  2. Is Annamalai University degree valid for Government jobs?
  3. Degree from Annamalai university is valid for government job or not?
  4. Validity of annamalai university graduation after doing masters degree from ignou
  5. Syllabus of Political Science? Which books are to be referred for Political Science so that I can pursue M.A from renowned university?
  6. Is B.Ed from Annamalai University valid by University Grant Commission?
  7. Will it be possible to do MA in Political Science without BA in Political science?
  8. B.Sc degree issued by IGNOU in 2015 is valid for becoming an IAS or an IFS Officer?
  9. Is it possible to do M.A. political science after B.A. economics?
  10. Is it hard to do M.A. in Political Science from Calcutta University?
  11. Is sikkim manipal university degree valid for IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is M.A Political Science course by CJM university valid or not?
  13. Can I get admission in DU for Political Science Honours if scored 95 marks in 12th Political Science?
  14. Minimum percentage and qualification required to study PhD in Political Science in Osmania University?
  15. What to do next in case of failing in IAS exam? I have done M.A in Political Science
  16. How to get admission in Ph.D in Political Science after completing M.A in Political Science from University of Mumbai?
  17. Where to get previous 10 year Question Papers of IAS Main Exam? What should be the second optional subject for IAS if first choice is Political Science?
  18. What's the fee structure of MDS university for PG(In political science) degree? What's the last date for the form submission?
14th December 2015, 09:48 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is BA (Political Science) degree from Annamalai University valid for IAS?

Yes, Annamalai university is a recognised university under UGC. So, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The required eligibility to appear for examination is candidates who have done graduation in any stream from a recognised university are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you can appear for examination in 2016. To get more information about Civil Services examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2015, 11:36 PM
samsung1992

Default Re: Is BA (Political Science) degree from Annamalai University valid for IAS?

Yes, this degree is valid for the IAS entrance examination as well as the post for the IAS if you once get selected in the IAS Exam. So, you need not to worry about the Distant education that you are getting from any university or the college what matters is that the university from which you are getting the degree must be recognized by the Government.
15th December 2015, 01:34 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Annamalai University is a recognized University so you will be eligible for the IAS Examination once you are able to complete your graduation.
Annamalai University is a UGC Approved University so you just need to complete your graduation with the required marks and you will be eligible to appear for all the Civil Services Examinations.
So do not worry as this degree is valid for the political science stream.
15th December 2015, 06:49 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for I.A.S examination after pursuing graduation degree from Annamalai university.

The eligibility to appear for Civil Services examination conducted for recruitment of an I.A.S is :-

* Candidates must have passed graduation or pursuing in final year from recognised university.

* Candidates age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination after completing the course. Civil Services examination is conducted in three stages and candidates need to qualify in all three stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2015, 10:18 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an I.A.S Officer you need to qualify in all three stages of Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

Yes, degree from Annamalai university is valid to appear in Civil Services examination. To appear in examination candidates need to have graduation degree from any recognised university of UGC. So, you are eligible to appear for examiantion after bachelor's degree.

To get more detail about Civil Services examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2015, 03:27 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Annamalai university is recognized university for distance education.

As it is recognized university, the candidates obtained degree from Annamalia university is valid for all government and private jobs.

To appear for IAS, the candidate must have completed graduation in any of the stream from a recognized university.
15th December 2015, 04:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Annamalai University is approved by Distance Education council, so degree from this university is valid for all competitive examinations either it is Civil Services examination or any other examination.

You can apply for Civil Services exam after completion of degree from this university is distance. Other than this, you must be at least 21 years of age in final year of bachelor's degree to apply for this exam.

There are two requirements, one is bachelor's degree and other is minimum age of 21 years to apply for this exam.
15th December 2015, 05:11 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Annamalai University is one of the famous university of South India. All distance courses of this university is approved by Distance Education council and University Grants Commission. So, there is nothing to worry about validity of bachelor's degree from this university for Civil Services exam.

After completion of degree in political science stream, you will be eligible for Civil Services examination. You can start your preparation from second year of degree by reading NCERT books for social studies and science. You can also take political science as an optional subject in mains UPSC exam.

From 2015, the age limit for Civil Services exam is 21-32 years with three years upper age relaxation for OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

For any more details, you can visit official website of UPSC http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th December 2015, 06:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any distance mode degree from a recognized university is accepted by UPSC for IAS examination. So, don't worry about anything and just be prepared for the exam.

Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview which will be conducted by UPSC. The name of the exam is Civil Services Exam.
15th December 2015, 11:33 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i am planning to do distance education in annamalai university for BA course or degree in political science stream. So i want to know if this degree valid for IAS?
Yes the BA degree from Annamalai University is valid for appearing IAS examinations.
Any degree in Annamalai University is valid for IAS examination.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is conducting examination for the IAS.
There are 3 stages 1.Preliminary Examination.2. Main Examination.3. Interview.
15th December 2015, 11:41 PM
samsung1992

Yes, the degree obtained from Annamalai university are valid to allow you to appear in the IAS examination. So, you need not to worry about this. You must make yourself strong in reasoning, aptitude and English grammar.
15th December 2015, 11:43 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes absolutely eligible for IAS with B.A( Political Science ) . But you need to fulfill some more requirements to be eligible for UPSC Civil's. Actually Civil's is conducted by " UPSC " once in every year.

The selection process will be in three modes like Prelims, Main's and Interview. The Notification will be released in the month of March 2016 and the Exam for prelims will be in the month of August 2016.

For further details you can see it from the official website of UPSC.
27th July 2020, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Is BA History degree from Annamalai Distance Education valid for IAS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?