21st October 2015, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Is it better to study B.Sc(Geology) having secured 98% in Higher Secondary? Best Geology college with placement facility in India?

Sir,
I have got 98% marks in Higher Secondary Board exams. I want to study B.Sc in Geology course. Is it a right course for me? Which is the best college in India for Geology course with placement facility?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Physiology) in City College, Kolkata if secured 67.35% in Higher Secondary?
  2. Is there any scholarship for Higher Secondary?
  3. Applicable post in Indian Army for post graduation pursuing candidate who secured 50% in 10th, 67% in 12th and 50% in graduation?
  4. How can I study Higher Secondary in Australia after completing 10th?
  5. Is there any scholarship to continue Higher Secondary studies?
  6. Am I eligible to study BSc Geology without studying Biology in higher secondary?
  7. What should I do if I didn't receive the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary scholarship still?
  8. Colleges for Mechanical engineering in Navi Mumbai?
  9. Is it difficult to get admission to study Higher Secondary in India for a candidate who has completed 10th in Canada? Requirements for admission?
  10. Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary if secured 6 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
  11. Which is better to study among Higher Secondary and Diploma in Engineering course for a candidate who has secured 87% in 10th?
  12. Can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in CBSE Board if pursuing Senior Secondary from NIOS?
  13. List of Gujarat state board affiliated schools with hostel facility for admission in Higher Secondary at Gujarat?
  14. Is it mandatory to study Science in Higher Secondary to appear in NATA?
  15. Requirements to study Higher Secondary in India for a candidate who has studied 10th in Abroad?
  16. What should I do further if secured less percentage in Higher Secondary and failed in NIOS?
  17. List of Higher Secondary Science schools in Kolkata which offer admission to a candidate who has secured 83% in 10th?
  18. What is the scope/outcome of Science in Higher Secondary other than Engineering and Medical? -- [Most Discussed]
10th November 2015, 11:54 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it better to study B.Sc(Geology) having secured 98% in Higher Secondary? Best Geology college with placement facility in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have got 98% marks in Higher Secondary Board exams. I want to study B.Sc in Geology course. Is it a right course for me? Which is the best college in India for Geology course with placement facility?
Yes, it is really good score. With this 98% of marks you can get first preference at the admission in reputed college. Since, you are interested in Geology specialization so study without any negative thinking. There is good career prospects available in public and private sectors for those candidates who have completed their Graduation in Geology, The Union Public Service Commission conducts entrance exam for placements in Central Government Agencies like the Geological Survey of India and the Central Ground water Board. Similarly, Coal India, Mineral Exploration Authority, Oil & Natural Gas Corporation, Hindustan Zinc etc. You can also find job opportunities in Private companies also.

The basic requirement for pursuing the B,Sc in Geology is 12th standard in science stream from a recognized board. Your age must be 17 years of age or more at the time of admission. The requisite minimum percentile will vary from universities or colleges. You must score more than 50% of marks at 12th board exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?