5th July 2018, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BTech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing 12th Science from NIOS Board?

Hi everyone, can I know my eligibility to do BTech(Mechanical Engineering) as I am a student of 12th Science NIOS Board so I will be able to do this course? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to study BE(Civil Engineering) for 12th Science NIOS student?
  2. Can I appear in Engineering entrance exams on NIOS Science basis having completed 11th Commerce?
  3. Can I reappear in 12th with NIOS Board if failed from CBSE? Is there any problem to get admission in Engineering on NIOS basis? Regional centre of NIOS in Lucknow?
  4. Chances of getting admission in MBBS after passing 12th from NIOS board?
  5. Eligibility to study BTech(Mechanical Engineering) for 12th Science NIOS student?
  6. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
  7. Am I eligible to pursue BCA from a Government College after completing class 12th Arts from NIOS Board?
  8. Can I get a job in the Indian Navy after completing class 12th (Science) from NIOS?
  9. Can I appear in 12th Science NIOS Board exam now if completed 10th NIOS in this year?
  10. Am I eligible to study BCA after completing 12th Science from NIOS?
  11. Can I study B.Sc or BHMS after completing 12th NIOS? Does NIOS has any value in abroad?
  12. Can I study BCA in DU being a student of 12th NIOS?
  13. Am I eligible to write IIT JAM Chemical Science exam after completing class 12th from NIOS Board without Mathematics?
  14. Can I pursue BCA from Sikkim Manipal University after completing class 12th with Arts stream from NIOS Board?
  15. Eligibility to get admission in Medical colleges for NIOS student?
  16. Whether PCB of NIOS Board considerable to study Engineering, Medical or Architecture? Can I do NIOS Science simultaneously with 12th Commerce?
  17. Whether NIOS is a better option for pursuing class 12th? Will I get admission in a good College after completing class 12th from NIOS?
  18. Whether pursuing 12th from NIOS board is barrier for studying Engineering and getting job?
6th July 2018, 09:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BTech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing 12th Science from NIOS Board?

Yes, NIOS is a recognized way of completing class 12th and definitely you will be eligible for admission at any UGC recognized university in India. Just make sure you are well prepared for entrance exam.

Admission in B.Tech is based on entrance exam. Hence, you need to get an excellent rank, to get admission. NIOS is not an issue.
8th July 2018, 12:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BTech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing 12th Science from NIOS Board?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.Tech from a recognised university.

The minimum eligibility to get admission in B.Tech is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in science stream.

So, if you have passed 12th with NIOS ( is a recognised board under MHRD ) then you are eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in the course.

JEE, VITEEE, BITSAT, BCECE are some of the most common entrance examination for admission in B.Tech course.
8th July 2018, 02:16 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, can I know my eligibility to do BTech(Mechanical Engineering) as I am a student of 12th Science NIOS Board so I will be able to do this course? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

Yes, you can do BTech Mechanical Engineering after completion of 12th science from NIOS Board. The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is one of the recognized boards in India. If you have completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects and scored at least 50% marks, then you are eligible to study BTech Mechanical Engineering. You have to appear for the entrance examination like VITEEE, SRMJEEE, BITSAT, AEEE, Manipal Entrance Examination, COMDEK UGET, Entrance Test conducted by the State Government, etc. for the admission to study BE Mechanical Engineering after completion of 12th from NIOS.
8th July 2018, 05:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and for pursuing the same degree course the minimum education required is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects with at least 45% marks from a recognized board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th in Science stream from NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) which is one of the three recognized national board of education, you are certainly eligible to pursue B.Tech in Mechanical engineering if you have secured the minimum requirement of marks at Class 12th level to pursue B.Tech degree course.

Further, for admission in top engineering colleges to pursue B.Tech degree course you are required to qualify entrance examinations like JEE, State EEE, BITSAT, SRMEEE, etc. .
9th July 2018, 03:14 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) after completing 12th from NIOS board.

Eligibility to study B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) are:-
Candidate must have completed 12th standard with at least 60% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English from any recognized University.
9th July 2018, 10:30 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes after completing 12th from NIOS Board also you are eligible to pursue B.Tech.
You must have passed 12th from at least 60% aggregate.
But you have to clear IIT JEE entrance examination to get admission. You are eligible to pursue any of the stream i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Civil etc.
9th July 2018, 07:45 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue BTech Mechanical Engineering course, you should have completed your 12th standard with physics, mathematics and chemistry subjects from a recognized board. The admission of the candidate will be done on the basis of an entrance examination. As you have complete your 12th from NIOS board, so you are eligible for the course, as it is recognized by the government.
9th July 2018, 07:57 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech after 12th from NIOS board in science stream.

Candidates passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper are eligible to appear for various examination conducted for admission in B.Tech course.

You can appear for JEE, BITSAT, WBJEE, COMEDK to get admission.
11th July 2018, 10:08 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of technology and it is a professional technical degree course of four years for which the basic education required is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th with NIOS board you are eligible to pursue B.Tech degree course if you have opted for science stream with PCM group for your Class 12th academics as NIOS is a national board of education like CBSE and ICSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?