15th August 2016, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in second year B.Tech mechanical directly with 84% marks in diploma?

I have completed my diploma course in mechanical engineering from Pune and I want take admission in direct second year for B.Tech mechanical engineering in Delhi university. Can I get? My percentage is 84%.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in BA after completing Diploma in Mechanical to prepare for MPSC exam? Can I get admission in BA 2nd year directly? -- [New]
  2. Can I get admission in second year B.Tech mechanical directly with 84% marks in diploma?
  3. How to get btech admission after diploma in IT?
  4. Is it possible to get admission for TET in 3rd year Engineering after completion of diploma course?
  5. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What should I study further after completion of Mechanical Diploma course?
  7. Which field should I choose after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 81% marks? Colleges for direct 2nd year admission to diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Can I join Merchant Navy directly after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Can I get admission in 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering Diploma in Mumbai if secured 43% in 12th and scored 59 marks in CET?
  10. Procedure of direct second year admission for Electronics & Telecommunication Diploma?
  11. Diploma in architecture after passing 10th with 55%?
  12. Am I eligible to get direct admission in 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering Diploma course if completed 12th NIOS?
  13. Admission to B.Tech from IIT in 2nd year after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  14. Can I get admission in 12th directly after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. What are the requirements to join Diploma course directly in 2nd year?
  16. How to join B.E in Andhra Pradesh University directly in 2nd year after completing diploma in mechanical?
  17. Can I study in Canada with diploma in mechanical engineering qualification?
  18. Guidelines to get admission in B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering final year student?
15th August 2016, 05:46 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in second year B.Tech mechanical directly with 84% marks in diploma?

Yes, you can take admission in Delhi University for Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering but for that you will have to crack entrance examination conducted by Delhi University. There are very less seats in Delhi University. Entrance exam is hard because there are less seats and number of candidates seeking admission is large.

The notification for examination is released in April to May every year and after that you can apply for this exam. Being a diploma candidate, you can also apply for other exams like JEE Main for admission in NIT, LEET exam for state level engineering colleges.
15th August 2016, 05:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in second year B.Tech mechanical directly with 84% marks in diploma?

Yes, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering course after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course with 84% aggregate marks from a recognised board. To get admission in second year of B.Tech course, you have to appear in Lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four year B.Tech course.
15th August 2016, 06:12 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You need to qualify in Delhi University Entrance examination for B.Tech course.

Eligibility criteria for this entrance examination:

1. You must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subject. You need to have minimum of 50% marks in board exam.

For diploma candidates, minimum of 60% marks in diploma is required. You can not get direct admission, you will have to clear entrance examination for admission in B.Tech.
15th August 2016, 09:02 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Diploma candidates are eligible for entrance examination conducted by Delhi University for admission of Bachelor of Technology.

You must have minimum of 60% marks in diploma then only you can apply for entrance examination of Delhi University. For diploma candidates, Lateral Entry Entrance Test is also conducted for admission directly in second year of engineering in state technical university colleges.

You can not take direct admission in Delhi University, you will have to crack entrance exam.
15th August 2016, 09:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For admission in second year of the B.Tech mechanical engineering through lateral entry you need to appear for entrance exam like LEET or JELET which is conducted in state level.
There is no direct admission based on diploma marks. You have to appear for entrance exam and there is no other way to get admission.
15th August 2016, 10:18 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in second year of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering course directly after completion of your Diploma course with 84% aggregate marks from an AICTE approved institution.

Diploma in Engineering holders are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.Tech course through Lateral Entry admission process. You have to appear and qualify the LEET entrance examination conducted by your respective state board of technical education. Based on your LEET examination rank, you will be called to participate in counselling process and you will be allotted a seat in the college which you are eligible to get admission for pursuing Engineering course.
16th August 2016, 08:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my diploma course in mechanical engineering from Pune and I want take admission in direct second year for B.Tech mechanical engineering in Delhi university. Can I get? My percentage is 84%.
You have completed diploma degree in Mechanical Engineering, So you can apply for B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. But you should qualify in entrance exam of Delhi University.

This entrance exam doesn't require any percentage marks in diploma course. Your minimum age should be 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?