6th July 2015, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Do I need any specific percentage of marks to apply for IPS exam?

Do I need any specific percentage of marks to apply for IPS exam? Can you please provide me the information on this soon as possible? I need to start preparing for the IPS exam and I am not sure if I am really eligible for it or not.

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for IAS and IPS? Which Books to prepare for these Entrance Exams?
  2. Marks needed for IPS exam? Can I apply for IPS exam after scoring 46%?
  3. Detailed Procedure to become an IPS Officer? Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for this position?
  4. What is better option between B.Maths and B.Stats
  5. What is the procedure to become an IPS officer? How much percentage is required for IPS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I apply for IPS exam after doing 2nd year BSc IT? Percentage needed for the exam? What is the physical fitness requirements?
  7. How much perecntage of marks is needed for IPS exam? What is the age criteria for IPS exam?
  8. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to be eligible for IPS Exam?
  9. Qualification and percentage of marks for IAS and IPS exam? Date of the sale of forms?
  10. Required percentage in 12th to appear for IPS Exam?
  11. How can I apply for IPS entrance exam?
  12. Can i apply for IPS Exam having completed B.A. from Uttarakhand and secured 50% and with an age of 21?
  13. Required percentage in Graduation to become IPS Officer?
  14. How to apply for IPS and what abilities are required to join it? Books to be referred for the exam?
  15. How to become a Police Officer after completion of Intermediate?
  16. Can I apply for IAS/IFS/IPS exam after obtaining 52% marks in 12th?
  17. Is Bachelor in Catering degree eligible for doing B.Ed?
  18. What shall I do to crack IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th Class with 83% of marks? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam? Which is the best city to take Coaching for this Exam?
6th July 2015, 10:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need any specific percentage of marks to apply for IPS exam?

No, specific percentage is not required to apply for IPS examination. Candidates who have completed Graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IPS examination by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21 to 30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IPS examination notification.
6th July 2015, 10:11 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

There is no specific percentage of marks are required to apply for IPS examination. Graduation is enough to apply for IPS examination. IPS i.e Indian Police Service Examination is conducted by UPSC Once in a year. This year exam notification has been already released. Last date for receipt of application has been closed. Next exam notification will be published in the month of April or May in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment News Paper.

Eligibility Criteria:

The candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate age should be between 21 years and 32 years as on the 1st August of the year of examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. Five years relaxation is applicable for SC/ST categories. Three years relaxation is applicable for OBC categories. Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply.

More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in

Official Notification: Click Here !!!
6th July 2015, 10:23 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no any specific percentage requirement, which is required to apply for IPS exam. Any candidate who have completed their graduation in any discipline can apply for IPS exam. So, if you have completed your graduation, you can start preparing for IPS exam and you can apply for IPS exam.

Eligibility:-
1. Candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Candidate must have completed their graduation in any discipline, from a recognized university.
3. Candidates age must be above 21 years and below 30 years, whereas candidates belonging to reserved categories are eligible for age relaxation.
6th July 2015, 10:55 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do I need any specific percentage of marks to apply for IPS exam? Can you please provide me the information on this soon as possible? I need to start preparing for the IPS exam and I am not sure if I am really eligible for it or not.

Thanks!
No, such specific percentage of marks required for the IPS entrance exam. Those candidates who have completed Graduation with pass marks are eligible. To become an IPS officer, you must appear and qualify in the Civil Service exam. Civil Service Exam are organized every year by its governing authority, i.e., Union Public Service Commission. Please, through the below eligibility criteria,

IPS Eligibility Criteria:

EDUCATION:

- Applicants must have a Bachelor degree in any stream from a State, Central or Deemed University. Final year applicants are also apply subject to submission of requisite proof.

AGE LIMIT:

- The minimum age limit required for the applicant applying for UPSC Civil Service Exam is 21 years and an upper age limit is 30 years. Relaxation in age will be given to the applicants who are belong to the reserved category, five years for SC/ST category and, three years for OBC category.

Official Website - www.upsc.gov.in
7th July 2015, 12:38 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks!
IPS - Indian Police Service

This is one of the civil service exam conducted by UPSC every year. To apply for this exam you need to qualify the eligible standards framed for the exam and they include:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification
  • Physical Standard
The candidate who satisfies them all are only eligible for appearing and to tell in detail about the criteria's are:

-> Candidate should have a citizenship in India

-> Age limit needed for general category candidates is 21-30 years and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC candidate it is 21-33 years.

-> The educational qualification needed for applying for the exam is candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

-> Even final year appearing candidate is eligible for applying.

-> The candidate need to be physically fit which is very important.

There is nothing specific about the percentage which is needed to be got to apply for the exam.

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th July 2015, 12:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks!
IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam. No, IPS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Optional subjects:-

Agriculture, Management, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mathematics, Anthropology, Mechanical Engineering, Botany,Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics,Commerce & Accountancy, Political, Science & International Relations, Economics, Psychology, Electrical Engineering , Public,Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology, Law.

Mains subjects:-

Arabic, Gujarati, Manipuri, Sanskrit, Assamese, Hindi, Nepali, Sindhi, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, Chinese, Kashmiri, Pali, Telugu, English, Konkani, Persian, Urdu, French, Marathi, Punjabi, German, Malayalam, Russian.
7th July 2015, 04:28 PM
unique99

No specific marks is needed to write UPSC conducted IPS(Indian Police services).Because UPSC eligibility regarding IPS(Civil Services)entrance examination did not specifically mention about the specific marks needed to apply for the said examination.

To get selection a candidate to qualify first CSAT then Written mains exam.finally interview.On the basis of merit list appointment letter is issued serially.

UPSC IPS Eligibility:-

1.Educational Eligibility: Any graduate or a final year candidate from the recognized University having minimum pass marks can write IPS entrance examination.

2.AGE:General:21-32 years, OBC: 21-35 years, S/C S/T: 21-37 years.

3.Nationality: Indian.

4.Attempts: General: 6 attempts, OBC: 8 attempts, S/C S/T: No limit.

To know more you should visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th July 2015, 05:32 PM
pointer01

Hello,

To apply for IPS exam there is no specific criteria of Percentage, so just don't worry about your percentage.

To apply for IPS exam you must have a Bachelor degree from a recognized university.Your minimum age should be 21 years and the maximum age should be 30 years. Relaxation age limit for SC/ST candidates is five years and for OBC it is of three years.
15th July 2015, 02:13 PM
chintukbr

You are not graduate thus you can't apply for IPS exam till you will be .... there is no any graduation percentage required for exam except a ... To get entry into that service you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria. ... to become an ips officer you have to complete your graduation in any stream with 60% marks ...
16th July 2015, 01:31 PM
kunalroy89

IPS is not a separate exam.It comes under Civil Services exam.And you do not need any minimum marks for being eligible. Graduate candidate irrespective of marks or stream can apply for civil services.
Your age limit should be 21-30 years for general with relaxation for reserved category candidates.
You need to prepare very hard as Foreign Service, Administrative Service and Police Service are achieved only if you are among the topmost rank holders. You can get IPS provided you have specific rank in the finals. You can check previous year questions in the website of UPSC for both prelims and Mains.
21st July 2015, 08:21 PM
Mshanth

Quote:

Thanks!
Hi friend,
Good thought to become IPS.Eligibilty to write IPS Exam is graduation. And if you are in final year of graduation then also you are eligible to write to preliminary exams. All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?