20th July 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for IPS Exam having completed B.A. from Uttarakhand and secured 50% and with an age of 21?

sir i have done B.A from uttrakhnad and i have got 50 % marks in B.A ,my age is 21
so i want to know that may i apply for ips

20th July 2011, 05:41 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for IPS Exam having completed B.A. from Uttarakhand and secured 50% and with an age of 21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i have done B.A from uttrakhnad and i have got 50 % marks in B.A ,my age is 21
Yes, You are eligible for IPS Examination, But to become IPS officer you need to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

And To apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 Years and you must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognised University, Final Year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS Officer.

You have already completed your BA course and your age should be 21 Years, So you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

The Notification of this examination was published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC website every year in February Month, Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online Bys visit the UPSC Official website.

The Examination was Conducted in 2 Stages, First Preliminary examination and If you have crack the Preliminary examination, then you are eligible to Sit In Main examination, The preliminary examination are Objective type with 2 Paper of 200 Marks Each, In Main examination you have to select the Optional Subjects according to Graduation Basis.

General Candidates will gets only 4 Attempts in this examination, Upper age limit are applicable for SC, ST, OBC and Reserved Category Candidates. So If you are Interested to become a IPS Officer, then please apply for UPSC Civil services examination Next Year.

And for complete Information Please check the Official Website -

http://upsc.gov.in
20th July 2011, 07:21 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can i apply for IPS Exam having completed B.A. from Uttarakhand and secured 50% and with an age of 21?

yes you can apply for ips exam

you have a degree in your hand

you should be of a age between 21 and 30 years

you have to apply for upsc exam

it has 2 stages and two stage should be cracked to get into the ips academy

you can apply online in

www.upsc.gov.in
20th July 2011, 07:33 PM
kritika@Hans

hi friend
the minimum eligibility for IPS is graduation in any stream with an age limit 21 - 30 years...
since you satisfy these conditions then you are eligible to give the exam conducted by UPSC
all the best
20th July 2011, 08:37 PM
vnr0001

What is the relation between slump test and compaction factor test?
20th July 2011, 08:39 PM
vnr0001

What are the fixed base index numbers?
20th July 2011, 08:48 PM
vnr0001

What is database design?
20th July 2011, 08:53 PM
vnr0001

Explain how database designers design and normalize databases?
20th July 2011, 08:56 PM
vnr0001

How to create the logical database design?
20th July 2011, 09:01 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Hi you can apply for the ips the minimum qualification required for entering into the field is completing a degree as you have completed your degree you are eligible and the maximum age is 3O AS you are less than this you can apply. The application procedure is you need to write upsc exam and clear the paper followed by it you have aptitude exam and selection procedure
20th July 2011, 09:02 PM
vnr0001

Difference between database schema and a database state in DBMS?
20th July 2011, 09:05 PM
kunjeyan5282

Yes you can apply as civil services exam eligibility is a bachelor degree in any stream and age should be 21 to 28 yrs.
20th July 2011, 09:21 PM
vnr0001

Difference between database and database instance?
20th July 2011, 10:01 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
IPS examination after completing B.A from uttrakhand

If you have completed B.A then you are eligible to apply for IPS examination. IPS examination is also known as the Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC in every year. To appear in the UPSC examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation students are also eligible to apply for the IPS examination. There is no any limit of percentage to apply only pass out is enough to appear in the IPS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category i.e SC, ST, OBC.....etc.

So, according to eligibility criteria if you have already completed B.A and if your age is 21 years or above then you are eligible to apply for the IPS examination. The application form for the IPS exam is comes in the month of March-April. If you are interested to apply for the IPS examination then now you can apply in the next year.

For any more information regarding IPS examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
20th July 2011, 10:13 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
As you have mentioned that you have done your bachelors and have attained the age of 21, you are eligible to write civil service exam. This particular exam is conducted for recruitment of IPS and IAS officials.

The application form for civil service exam 2012 will be available after the notification published by UPSC.

The application forms are available at post offices and head post offices through out the country.

There is no standard set regarding the percentage of marks in the bachelors degree examination, therefore, you need not to worry.

As per you qualification and age, you are eligible for the exam and for more details, refer to the official website of UPSC.
20th July 2011, 10:29 PM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: Can i apply for IPS Exam having completed B.A. from Uttarakhand and secured 50% and with an age of 21?

Quote:
hello,
yes you can apply for ips ..........
but you have to clear the written test as well as physical test then you will be allowed for group discussion.....................

Best of Luck....................
20th July 2011, 10:57 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Can i apply for IPS Exam having completed B.A. from Uttarakhand and secured 50% and with an age of 21?

Dear friend,

The eligibility criteria of IPS is as follows.

1.Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relax-able for SCs/STs, OBC's and defense personnel).

SC/ST - upto a maximum of 5 years.

OBC - upto a maximum of 3 years.

Defense personnel - upto a maximum of 5 years.

2. Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree in any stream by a recognized university.

3. No. of permissible attempts :

For general candidates Four attampts

Seven attempts of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs .

3. Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

4. Paper pattern for prelims:

1. Optional Subjects (300 marks):

2. General Studies (150 marks):

Paper pattern for mains:

In mains, one has to appear for 9 papers

All the best...........
21st July 2011, 01:30 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,
Yes you are quite eligible to apply for the IPS examination.
The eligibility criteria for the IPS examination is that a candidate must be a Graduate and should has age between 21-30 years.The percentage of marks in class 12th or in the Graduation dose not matters.

As you are 21 and you have already completed your Graduation from Uttrakhand you can apply for the IPS examination.

Best Wishes.......
10th June 2012, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

requested sir or mam, i want know that i completed my post graduation 2 year ago now i want to participate in PCS exam. please do my favour to get me information about it.
28th July 2012, 11:54 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Yes, ofcourse you can apply. You are eligible for this.

It's really appreciable that you have interest in Civil Services.

Well, its completely your choice, what subjects you want for the examinations. Geography and phsychology, these subjects are very common and interesting. You may go with these, if you want because one should always select the subjects which he feel more interesting and easy.

And about the coaching Institutes. There are so many institutes, which are providing training for the prepration of such type of exams. You can prefer one of the following for coaching:

1. Chanakaya IAS Academy, Delhi
2. Raus IAS Academy, Delhi
3. Vajiram and Ravi IAS Academy, Delhi

I wish, this information will be helpful for you, All the very Best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?