1st July 2015, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Preparation of IAS during graduation

Sir/Mam,

I,m doing my Engineering from bhopal and want to prepare for IAS during my graduation .So give me some advice? Is it possible for me to prepare? Can someone please provide me the information on the same as soon as possible? Awaiting for a quick reply.

Thank you!

1st July 2015, 01:56 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Preparation of IAS during graduation

You can prepare for it, but you will not be eligible to apply for the examination as the minimum educational qualification required for IAS examination is graduation.

However the criteria for IAS examination is mentioned below:[/B]

Eligibility:
'
. The candidate must have to complete any bachelor's degree but this degree must be completed by a recognized university.

. The Candidate must be a citizen of India

. Final year exams appearing candidates can also eligible to apply

Age Criteria:

. For General candidates age limit if from 21 years to 30 years

. For OBC candidates age limit is from 21 years to 33years

. For SC/ST candidates age limit is from 21 years to 35 years

Selection procedure:

. Civil services preliminary examination

. Civil services main examination

. Personal interview

Number of attempts:

. 4 times for General Category Candidates,

. 7 times for OBC Category Candidates,

. No limit mentioned for SC/ST Category Candidates
1st July 2015, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

my name is sachin singh gond i am passed class 10th and my percentage is 74% i take in subject PCM how to become a IAS officer i am live in sagar madhaye pradesh.
15th August 2015, 12:10 PM
DSP@1

Yes,it is possible to you to prepare for IAS even while pursuing your graduation course.

You can go to the training classes in the free timings like evening after finishing your college,which will be held by private agencies near to your.

If you cannot find such training centres near to you then you can buy the books related to IAS Officer training and read them.

The preparation for IAS depends on your Time management,If you handle your time effectively and try to spend more time in studies rather on entertainment like TV's,cinemas then for sure you will crack the IAS exam.
30th September 2015, 09:25 PM
vinoth1921

-->It is very difficult to prepare for Civil Service during your Engineering course.
-->You must have opt for some Arts group so that you could complete it in 3 years and you would have got ample time for preparation.

Preparation steps,
-During you course, try to attend some coaching classes that is help weekly once.
-Regularly read the newspaper, You cannot ignore politics as they can also come .
-History/ Geography/ Economics will be the key subjects that you might not be familiar with. You would have forgotten what you have studied. Revise the subject at times regularly.
-Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology also does go with the same, Familiarize these subjects.
-English Knowledge is also important and develop soft skills. As you are an Engineer, it is better to develop Analytical skills which will be used in your Campus Interview.
-You may not succeed at the first attempt, try it till u get it .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?