21st August 2017, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Is graduation after BPP considered equivalent to other degree?

Dear Sir/Madam, I had completed my secondary level in year 2012-2014, but I have failed in 1 subject in senior secondary. Now I want to do BA honors. Can I do the same after having BPP course. Kindly tell me as soon as possible.

21st August 2017, 07:53 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: Is graduation after BPP considered equivalent to other degree?

Yes, you can get admission in BA course from a reputed college, provided you should fulfil the admission criteria of the prospective college/university.

You should look for admission notification in various colleges and should apply at the earliest.

There is no issue if you have want to get admission in the above mentioned course.
21st August 2017, 09:57 PM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Madam, I had completed my secondary level in year 2012-2014, but I have failed in 1 subject in senior secondary. Now I want to do BA honors. Can I do the same after having BPP course. Kindly tell me as soon as possible.
BPP is Bachelor's Preparatory Program. This program is offered by Indira Gandhi National open University(IGNOU). It enables the candidates who have not passed 12th level but aspire to pursue Bachelor degree.

There is no eligibility requirement for admission in this course. However this certificate is valid for admission only in IGNOU bachelor degree courses. It is not equivalent to 12th level anywhere else.

Since you had completed 10th level and failed in just 1 subject in 12th level you could have reappeared for that particular subject in the supplementary examination. You can get in touch with your school authorities to know about the dates and forms for the supplementary examination.
21st August 2017, 10:28 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Let me clarify you first that BPP (Bachelor's Preparatory Programme) is not equivalent to Higher secondary/12th standard.
BPP is a 6 months course which is offered by IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) for those candidates who haven't completed their 12th standard or higher secondary education.
The candidates who have pursued BPP course are only eligible to do graduation for IGNOU, as BPP is not equivalent to 12th standard so they are not allowed/eligible to pursue graduation course from any other university.
So you can do BA honors form IGNOU after completing BPP course with atleast 36% marks in the qualifying examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?