27th October 2016, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

How to change the branch from civil to mechanical after 2nd semester?

Sir, my son got admission in civil branch and he wants to change his branch after 2nd semester. He is willing to study mechanical branch but he got an admission in civil branch. What can I do now to change the branch?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I change my branch after 2nd semester in engineering?
  2. How should I change branch to mechanical from civil? I am studying diploma in civil engineering
  3. Is it possible to change stream from Mechanical Engineering to Civil Engineering for Diploma student?
  4. Is it possible to change both branch and college while in 2nd year of Civil engineering?
  5. Should I go for electrical in IT BHU or is it better to change the branch to Mechanical after then 2nd semester? Maximum salary one can earn after B.Tech in Electrical Engineering?
  6. Is it possible to transfer from Electrical & Electronics Engineering to Mechanical Engineering in Diploma 2nd semester?
  7. How may I change my branch in B.Tech at Buldelkhand university(GBTU)? I'm in ECE and want to change to Mechanical engineering
  8. What are the ways to change the branch from Electronics and Telecom to CS if I have a backlog in 1st semester?
  9. Procedure to change from ISE to Mechanical branch?
  10. Can I change my branch after completing Diploma in Civil?
  11. Can I change my college in BCA 2nd semester? -- [New]
  12. Can I pursue B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in IT? Procedure of getting admission in B.Tech. Civil Engineering through lateral entry in the colleges of Himachal University?
  13. Can I change my branch in Mechanical in Civil?
  14. How to change my btech branch in 2nd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How can I change my stream to Civil Engineering being a Mechanical student?
  16. Am I eligible to do internship in IISC while doing 2nd year B.E Mechanical engineering?
  17. Is it possible to change college after 2nd year?
  18. Can I exchange my branch from EE to Mechanical?
27th October 2016, 08:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to change the branch from civil to mechanical after 2nd semester?

No, it is not possible to change the branch from civil to mechanical engineering after 2nd semester. In order to be eligible to get engineering degree certificate, you have to pursue the engineering course in the same stream in which you have got admission. If you want to study Mechanical engineering course then, you can discontinue from Civil Engineering course and need to take fresh admission in first year of Mechanical engineering course.
28th October 2016, 01:20 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to change the branch from civil to mechanical after 2nd semester?

I am sorry to say that you cannot shift from civil branch to mechanical in 2nd semester or even in 1st semester as there is no such provision for it.

If however, you wish to change the stream, you will have to get admission in the first year of mechanical course and then can continue with your studies further.
28th October 2016, 01:57 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There are two ways i which the branch can be changed after 2nd semester.

* Sliding based on merit
* Mutual swapping

* Sliding based on Merit :
The institute generally gives chance to 2-3 toppers of every branch to choose and change the branch according to their wish. If your son can top the exam, he can get this opportunity.

* Mutual Swapping :
You need to find someone in the desired branch who wants to take admission in your branch and then mutually swap the seats by taking the permission of the college administration.

NOTE : Both of the above procedures depend upon the availability of the seats and willingness of the institution.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?