29th August 2013, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Can I change my branch in Mechanical in Civil?

Can i change my branch in mehenical in civil..>pelase tell me the details

Related Questions:
  1. How may I change my branch in B.Tech at Buldelkhand university(GBTU)? I'm in ECE and want to change to Mechanical engineering
  2. Procedure to change from ISE to Mechanical branch?
  3. Can I change my branch in Mechanical in Civil?
  4. How may I change my branch from ECE to mechanical? I'm in a private self financing college under CUSAT(Kerala)?
  5. Can I pursue B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in IT? Procedure of getting admission in B.Tech. Civil Engineering through lateral entry in the colleges of Himachal University?
  6. Which branch is more preferable, either Mechanical or Civil engineering?
  7. Can I change my branch to civil in B.E after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. How can I change my Branch from CSE to Mechanical? I'm a diploma final year student
  9. Is EC branch good in future? Should I take up Civil or Mechanical?
  10. How can I chance my branch into civil engineering? I am doing B.Tech in CSE
  11. How to change preferences of branches/streams in BITSAT?
  12. Can a B.E (Electronics and Telecommunication) graduate change his branch in Post Graduation(Civil)?
  13. Can I do B.E. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering after diploma in Computer Science? Is change of stream allowed from diploma to B.E.?
  14. Can I change my branch from ECE to Mechanical under fee waiver scheme of UPTU? -- [New]
  15. Can I change my branch in civil engineering after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication
  16. How to take admission in 4th year B.Tech in Civil or Mechanical branch after passing diploma in computer science and engineering?
  17. How to change my btech branch in 2nd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. To which branch should I change while in 1st year having maximum scope?
29th August 2013, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I change my branch in Mechanical in Civil?

I am BHMS doctor...i want to do BHM am is eligible from which i can do with minimum fees
29th August 2013, 02:27 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i change my branch in mehenical in civil..>pelase tell me the details
HI,
Engineering is the branch of options as you can say, but once you have selected a trade of your choice, you better remained stick to it, if you have interest in that.
>>For example, it varies from college to college to, but if you want to change your trade, you can do it in the first year itself, as it is common for all the branches.

>>Some of the branches includes:-
  1. Mechanical
  2. Civil
  3. Electrical
  4. Electronics and Communication
  5. Computer Science and IT

>> Mostly, it is classified as circuit branch and non circuit branch. So if you want to change ,from mechanical to civil, you can possibly change it during the first year itself, otherwise, you cant change it during the second year.

>>For that, you can consult the principal or dean of your institution, he will help you to do it,

Regards,

yash
29th August 2013, 03:12 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Almost all engineering colleges do have the provision of branch change after the
completion of first academic year of B.Tech.

There use to be some eligibility criteria for migration from one branch to another
based on merit and batch strength.
The eligibility criteria for branch change varies from college to college.
As you have not mentioned you college the detailed rules can't be furnished to you.
You will have to check yourself with the Admission section of your college to know
about brnach change procedure and detailed eligibility criteria.

Kindly note that branch change is possible just after completion of 1st year otherwise not.
29th August 2013, 05:04 PM
swamy55

HELLO FRIEND,
you can't change Mechanical to Civil.
29th August 2013, 11:25 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Lots of candidates are interested in changing their branch from one to another but they donot provide the exact details on the forum.

You have not provided here neither the name of your college nor university .So how can we help you out in this case .

Yes it is possible to change the streams in engineering in second year by the branch change scheme.

But the main thing is that different universities have different rules and regulations governing the branch change.

For example in the Mahamaya Technical university in Uttar Pradesh ,you must have secured at least 65% in first and second semester to be eligible for the branch change .

Second most important thing is that seats must be also available in that branch.

So please mention your college or university for better assistance.

Hope the information helps you.If you have any more query you can leave your message here .We will reply you as soon as possible.

All the best

aashisranjan784
21st July 2015, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

My some subjects are backlog and i am change my branch mechanical to civil is it possible
9th April 2023, 05:07 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

It is generally possible to change your branch from Mechanical to Civil engineering, but it would depend on the policies and regulations of your educational institution.

Typically, universities and colleges have a provision for branch change, and the criteria and process for branch change may differ from institution to institution. Some institutions may allow branch change only within the first year of the program, while others may have more flexible policies that allow branch change in the second or third year as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?