3rd January 2018, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change my branch from Civil to IT or CS?

Hello Sir, I am Adarsh. I am first year student of civil branch and I want to change my branch to IT or CS. So, is it possible to do? If it is, please tell me Sir.

Related Questions:
  1. How should I change branch to mechanical from civil? I am studying diploma in civil engineering
  2. How to change the branch from civil to mechanical after 2nd semester?
  3. Can I pursue B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in IT? Procedure of getting admission in B.Tech. Civil Engineering through lateral entry in the colleges of Himachal University?
  4. Can I change my branch in Mechanical in Civil?
  5. How may I change my branch in B.Tech at Buldelkhand university(GBTU)? I'm in ECE and want to change to Mechanical engineering
  6. Is it possible to change both branch and college while in 2nd year of Civil engineering?
  7. Is it possible to change my branch from Civil to IT or CS?
  8. How can I chance my branch into civil engineering? I am doing B.Tech in CSE
  9. Did Diploma in Civil Engineering but now want to change my branch. Which other similar engineering branch I can switch to? -- [New]
  10. Can a B.E (Electronics and Telecommunication) graduate change his branch in Post Graduation(Civil)?
  11. Can I change my branch in civil engineering after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication
  12. How may I change my branch from ECE to mechanical? I'm in a private self financing college under CUSAT(Kerala)?
  13. Procedure to change from ISE to Mechanical branch?
  14. How to change my btech branch in 2nd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. To which branch should I change while in 1st year having maximum scope?
  16. Procedure to change the branch from electrical to chemical branch in 2nd year diploma?
  17. What is the scope of Civil Engineering in private sector? What opportunities will I get if I do EEE branch after changing from Civil Engineering?
  18. What are the ways to change the branch from Electronics and Telecom to CS if I have a backlog in 1st semester?
4th January 2018, 04:00 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to change my branch from Civil to IT or CS?

Changing stream/branch from Civil Engineering to IT/CS Engineering is only possible if you are in your 1st semester and your registration is yet to be done. If the registration process is completed then you can't change your branch which is once chosen during the registration. So, you need to contact to your college exam office to get the details regarding the change of branch/stream.
4th January 2018, 06:34 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to change your branch from Civil IT to CS. It could have been possible if you have tried to change the branch when you got selected or at the time when you had filled your application form. Now you have to continue with the same stream.
4th January 2018, 09:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to change your branch from Civil to IT or CS after completion of your first year. You can't change from one stream to another stream while pursuing the course. You have to pursue complete duration of the course in the same stream in which you have secured admission. In case, if you are not interested to pursue Civil stream then, you can discontinue from the course and you can take fresh admission in first year of IT or CS course.
5th January 2018, 04:28 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

You can change your stream to any other stream in one case only, when you are in your first semester in the College, before the registration is done. Once your registration is done with a particular stream, you further cannot change your stream to any other stream as there is no provision of it at that moment. So, if your registration is not done yet, then you can contact your examination cell, regarding the change of your stream.
17th January 2018, 12:11 PM
vineeth560

If you are studying in the first semester you may change depending on your college terms. There is another option if you are willing to do Masters (M.E) wherein some colleges have computer science based higher degree courses in which students from any stream students are allowed. For example, BITS allows students from any branch to join in ME Software Systems course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?