8th January 2016, 07:19 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for a Commerce student to apply for Math (Hons) at graduation level?

I am a class 12th commerce student. I want to apply for Maths (Hons) at graduation level. So i want to know if it is possible for me or not?

8th January 2016, 08:50 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a Commerce student to apply for Math (Hons) at graduation level?

B.com Stands for Bachelor's in Commerce which is a graduation course having course duration of three years. The candidates can choose as a honors subjects either (ACCOUNTING PAPER or MANAGEMENT PAPER) in many university they used to provide all seats are registered as honors seat those who are Autonomous College or Deemed University .
8th January 2016, 11:26 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Is it possible for a Commerce student to apply for Math (Hons) at graduation level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a class 12th commerce student. I want to apply for Maths (Hons) at graduation level. So i want to know if it is possible for me or not?
Sorry is not possible to do B.Sc in Mathematics after completing 12th standard in commerce stream. You must studied Mathematics subject at 12th standard level to be eligible for B.Sc in Mathematics. In absence Mathematics subject at 12th standard, you are not eligible for the B.Sc in Mathematics course. Since, you are belong from commerce student you can apply for the Bachelor Degree course such as,

- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration etc.
8th January 2016, 11:28 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

No, you are not eligible to pursue Mathematics hons. course after 10+2 in Commerce stream.

As to get admission in Maths hons course it is compulsory to have PCM as main paper in 10+2. So, you are not eligible to pursue Maths hons course.
8th January 2016, 11:49 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The eligibility to study B.Sc Mathematics (Hons) is a pass in 10+2 with minimum of 60% marks with PCM or Commerce with Maths & minimum 60% in Maths. This is the eligibility mostly in all the colleges. So if you have studied Mathematics in +2 then you can apply for B.Sc Mathematics (Hons) course. The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in many colleges like,

Delhi University - http://www.du.ac.in/du/index.php?pag...aduate-courses
Amity University - http://www.amity.edu/aias/A44556.asp
Jamia Millia Islamia - http://jmi.ac.in/mathematics/courses...chonsmaths-221
Dyal Singh College - http://dsc.du.ac.in/topics.aspx?mid=Time%20Table
9th January 2016, 11:12 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a Commerce Stream student at your higher secondary school level degree you are eligible for the Mathematics for your bachelor's degree only if you have pursued your Class 12th along with Mathematics as your main subjects otherwise you are not eligible for any graduation degree course which includes Mathematics in their academics.

Also you are not eligible for any job application which requires a degree which includes Mathematics as one of the main subjects of your academics.
9th January 2016, 05:43 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

A candidate who has done 12th from commerce stream with maths as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories, then you are eligible for Graduation in maths (Hons).

Age 17-25 years and relaxation is given to reserved categories in upper age limit.
9th March 2017, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Im a commerce student with math as a main subject. I wasted my whole year while giving nda exam but couldn't make it n im doing bcom from sol as well
Now i want to do math honors coz it was my secondary goal n option also
So plse let me know, can in pursue math honors by any means or not
Kindly help me ASAP to make an amazing career ahead
11th March 2017, 04:13 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue Maths ( Hons. ) course.

The minimum required qualification to pursue mathematics honors course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with PCM as main paper.

So, candidates passed 12th with commerce stream are not eligible to get admission in mathematics honors course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?