31st October 2016, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army as a clerk after completion of 12th science with 48.15% marks?

I have low percentage in 12th in science my percentage was 48.15% can I apply for clerk after graduation I can apply? Can you please give me the details on the same? Hope that I will get the answer on this. Awaiting for the quick response.

Related Questions:
31st October 2016, 06:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army as a clerk after completion of 12th science with 48.15% marks?

For army clerk post the minimum marks required in class 12th is 50% marks with commerce stream subjects with English as one of the subjects. Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and physical fitness test.

Hence, just make sure that you fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for this post in Indian army.
31st October 2016, 07:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army as a clerk after completion of 12th science with 48.15% marks?

First of all submit all the details then only i will make your doubts clear. You have not given any information about your category. But after that i am writing eligibility criteria below.
Eligibility criteria are given below:-
Candidate must have passed their intermediate from any of the recognized university.
Candidate age should not less than 18 years and not more than 28 years.
Candidate must have attained at least 60% aggregate in their intermediate.
60% - for general candidate
55% - OBC
50%- SC/ST
31st October 2016, 08:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

It will be difficult to apply for Indian Army clerk job on the basis of your 12th marks. Yes, of course you can apply for this post after graduation and in that condition there will not be restriction on minimum marks to be secured in Graduation degree. There is no criteria of marks when having a higher qualification.

Recruitment for the post of clerk in the Indian Army is made through an examination which is conducted four times in a year. The notification about the exam is advertised in the Employment News and leading newspapers.

Eligibility criteria to apply for Indian Army Clerk :-

Nationality: Indian (including those of Nepal)

Educational Qualifications: 10+2/Intermediate exam passed in any stream (Arts/ Commerce/ Science) with 50% marks in aggregate and at least 40% in each subject.

Marital Status : Unmarried male only.

Age criteria : 17.5 - 23 years

Physical Standards:

Height : 167 cm, relaxable for certain regions.

Weight : 50 kg, relaxable for certain regions.

Chest : 77/82 cm

Selection procedure : Written test.
31st October 2016, 11:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

--> To be eligible for applying for soldier clerk in Indian Army you must have the qualifications given below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 17.5 years to 23 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline with at least 40% marks in each subject studied at same level and overall aggregate of 50% from a recognized board. Also you must have studied Maths and English at Class 10th or Class 12th level.

So being a Class 12th science stream student but having managed 48.15% you are not eligible as the minimum percentage requirement is 50%. But as per the norm you can apply for the same after your graduation degree as then the percentage requirement norm is waived off but you must satisfy other criteria too.

For further details regarding the same you can log on to the link www.joinindian.army.nic.in
31st October 2016, 11:25 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for post of Clerk in Indian Army:

You should have studied 12th Class in 10+2 pattern from any of the below streams or disciplines from a recognized institute/ board.
* Science
* Commerce
* Arts

You must have scored minimum 50% marks in 12th Class in order to be eligible and 40% marks in each of the above mentioned subjects. You must have studied, Accounts, Mathematics and English subjects at 12th Class level.

The minimum age required is 17.5 years and the maximum age is 23 years.
31st October 2016, 11:32 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

* To become soldier clerk in Indian Army you must have the qualifications given below :-

1) You must be an unmarried Indian male resident.

2) Your age must lie in between 17.5 years to 23 years.

3) You must have at least completed your Class 12th with at least 50% aggregate in any discipline. But your academics must have Mathematics and English as main subjects in Class 10th or Class 12th level.

So having completed your Class 12th with 48.15% you are not eligible for becoming soldier clerk at present. But once you complete your graduation degree course you will become eligible if you satisfy age criteria till then as for graduation degree holder there is no percentage barrier.

For more details and for applying for the same post in Indian Army you must refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
1st November 2016, 01:36 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can very much apply for the above mentioned post after completion of your 12th board examination with having scored 48.15% in it, there is no such problem in it. You will have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the Army institute and then after clearing the examination, you will be most eligible to avail the post.
1st November 2016, 10:36 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for Indian Army as a clerk after scoring only 48.15% of marks in class 12th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in any discipline from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate in it are eligible to apply for the post of clerk in Indian Army.
1st November 2016, 11:34 PM
pruthvi12dba

No you are not eligible for the post you requested aggregate should be 50% in 12th standard.

To join in Indian Army Clerk 10+2 / Intermediate Examination Pass in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science). Should have secured 40% marks in each subject and 50% in aggregate in Class XII.
31st August 2017, 06:16 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 70% in 12th but I have only 48 mark in one subject (Economics) .
Can I apply for Soldier clerk?
4th September 2017, 10:57 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for Indian army for clerk.
A candidate must be 12th passed with science or commerce with minimum 50% of marks.

You will be selected on the basis of your performance in written exam and you fitness.
23rd April 2018, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12 science and I wanted to join Indian army at any rank no matter 72percent in 12 what is my chances to join
14th June 2018, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have complete my 12 th from science stream I have got 53% but marks in sub are physics :40 ,chemistry:36,maths 53,English:75,electronics:102...
Can I go for clerk in Indian army please tell fast sir
20th June 2018, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Can l join clerk in army having 60marks in English and having arts 12 per cent is 78%
29th October 2018, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

I have complet 12th with 12th with physic and maths 50 % overall i can apply for cleark
19th July 2020, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Is it eligible to apply for clerk in Indian Army after graduation, with 60% in 12th but 48% marks in history only while the rest are above 50% marks?
18th November 2020, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

I have studied science till class 10 then I joined arts stream with no economics but also I m doing my graduation in geography in which I have to calculate the huge sum. But I am confused that will I be able to join an Indian army as a clerk.
15th January 2021, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir I finish class 12 with economics history geography English and political science..can I go for soldier clerk?
2nd July 2021, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

in 12th 46% can aply for clerk
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?