16th December 2015, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Relaxation in graduation percentage for placements in companies? Which company doesn't ask for graduation percentage?

Sir, I’m in 5th semester of MCA. I have 59.9% in graduation but rest of all above than 65%. Can I get relaxation by any company for placements? And please tell me which company doesn’t ask for the graduation percentage. Please reply.

Related Questions:
17th December 2015, 09:27 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Relaxation in graduation percentage for placements in companies? Which company doesn't ask for graduation percentage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I’m in 5th semester of MCA. I have 59.9% in graduation but rest of all above than 65%. Can I get relaxation by any company for placements? And please tell me which company doesn’t ask for the graduation percentage. Please reply.
It is based on the company which you are selecting. Normally, the eligibility criteria to get a job in Corporate Sector may differ from company to company. You should have secured at least 65% marks in aggregate in post graduation so as to be eligible. Apart from this you must qualify in the Written exam, Group Discussion and HR Interview. Being a MCA student you can work as a,

- System Analyst
- System manager
- Troubleshooter
- Internet Expert
- Software Programmer
- Software Tester
- Software Application Architect etc. in a Corporate sector.

There is huge demand for those who completed Master Degree in Computer Application in International Companies such as,

- Microsoft (https://www.microsoft.com)
- IBM (www.ibm.com/in-en)
- EDS ( edstechnologies.cometc.
17th December 2015, 05:52 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Relaxation in graduation percentage for placements in companies? Which company doesn't ask for graduation percentage?

Yes, you can very much get relaxation,if you fall under SC/ST/OBC, etc categories, there is always some reservations made for backward class people.

Every company will look for your graduation marks if you have completed your graduation, there is no company which will not be willing to see your graduation marks before employing you in their company.
17th December 2015, 06:24 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility that any top companies ask a candidate is that the candidate must have passed his academics with above 60% marks in aggregate.

But, most companies concentrate more on the graduation and post graduation percentage of marks.

As the eligibility criteria is different for all companies and it varies for different positions.

So, appear for interviews which satisfies your eligibility criteria.
17th December 2015, 07:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the top IT companies like TCS, HCL, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, Infosys etc, ask for above 60% marks throughout the academic career. If you have got less then this much marks then you will not be eligible for these companies.

You have to try in smaller IT companies which doesn't have such criteria. With experience you can get job top companies. Relaxation is not available in private companies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?