1st July 2015, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Is it required to complete graduation before giving the entrance exam for CA?

I am now studying in 1,commerce stream . I would like to go for CA further. I would also like to complete my graduation before it .So i would like to know whether ca entrance is needed after the graduation? Can someone please provide me the right information?

Thanks!

1st July 2015, 02:26 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it required to complete graduation before giving the entrance exam for CA?

You can do CA after completion of your graduation also, there is no harm in it. However, below I have mentioned some details regarding the course.

KIndly have a look at it.

Eligibility for CA:

> Candidate should have completed his/her +2 level of examination from a recognized University

> Candidates having cleared their graduation will however be exempted from Competency Professional Test(not for those candidates who have scored less than 55% in their graduation).

Entrance examination for CA;

CPT is considered as the entrance examination for CA course. The total marks for this examiantion is 400 marks and the time duration is 4 hours. It however consists of 4 topics, namely;

> Fundamentals of Accounting

> Mercantile Law

> General Economics

> Quantitative Aptitudes

NOTE: Negative marks are there for any wrong answer.
1st July 2015, 02:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it required to complete graduation before giving the entrance exam for CA?

No, it is not required to complete Graduation for pursuing CA course. Candidates who have completed 12th standard from any recognised board are eligible to pursue CA course by appearing and qualifying Common Proficiency Test (CPT) examination. Candidates who have completed Graduation and those who wish to pursue CA course are exempted from appearing in CPT examination only if they have secured at least 55% marks in their Graduation from a recognised university. Since, you are interested to do Graduation before pursuing CA course, I suggest you to score more than aggregate of 55% marks in your Graduation, so, that you can directly register for IPCC without appearing in CPT entrance examination.
1st July 2015, 04:44 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes you have to give entrance exam for Charted Accountant.You have to apply for the CPT of CA program. There is no age limitation for this exam. After qualifying the exam you can go for the begning course followed by Integrated Professional Competency Course (I.P.C.C) and then final course along with 100 hours of industrial training.

Percentage required for IPCC:-
>>Commerce graduate with an aggregate of 50% marks in their graduation.
>>Non commerce graduate with subjects other than mathematics with an aggregate of 55% marks in their graduation
>>Non commerce graduates with Maths with an aggregate of 60% marks in their graduation

Entrance exams for CA are:-
>>CPT
>>IPCC

So you need to give CPT entrance exam. It is conducted twice in a year.
25th July 2015, 08:27 PM
Mshanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am now studying in 1,commerce stream . I would like to go for CA further. I would also like to complete my graduation before it .So i would like to know whether ca entrance is needed after the graduation? Can someone please provide me the right information?

Thanks!
Hi friend,
You can write CA after graduation. If you write CA exam after graduation you no need write CPT Exam,directly you can write IPCC Exam if you have minimum 55% in graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?