14th October 2017, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Steps required to get admission in B.Sc IT

Hi, Sir I want to ask that a commerce student can also try for BSc IT? As somebody said me. So, my queries is like that if I will choose BSc IT after 12th. So, guide me in proper manner then what? Step should I go by BSc IT in further. I mean directly after BSc. It what should I take? I want to continue my study in future, with side by side job in better company with best salary ever. Please Sir, waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Steps to follow for getting nursing leader and management job after completion of BSc Nursing?
  2. Colleges offering BSc admission in Kerala? Steps to become Biology or Zoology HS Teacher?
  3. Steps to get admission in MS course at Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden? Eligibility and entrance exams required for it?
  4. What is the minimum percentage required for admission in BSc degree in BSc Nursing
  5. How much percentage is required to get admission in BSc degree?
  6. What is the cut-off required for getting admission for BAMS?
  7. Which subjects are required in 12th for BSc Agriculture? Fee structure for admission in BSc Agriculture? What is the admission procedure of various agriculture colleges in Maharashtra?
  8. Steps to become a CID Officer for BSc(Maths) student?
  9. Do I need to qualify all the three steps for CS or I may get direct admission after completing MA?
  10. What is the procedure followed for joining army school in 10th?
  11. Steps to become a Software Engineering for BSc(Computer Science) Honours student? -- [New]
  12. What is the fee structure followed for doing Ph.D in ECE? What are the steps to be followed for getting the admission for Ph.D?
  13. Percentage of marks required in ISc to get admission in BSc statistics hons?
  14. What are the steps which I need to follow to get the admission for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA course?
  15. What are the steps to be followed to get admission for Ph.D?
  16. Can i get admmission in engineering after bsc? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What steps are to be taken for become a BSc Criminologist?
  18. What is the criteria required for doing Ph.D in Psychology?
14th October 2017, 05:02 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps required to get admission in B.Sc IT

There are many options to study IT or Information Technology.
You can pursue BSc IT, BCA as General courses and BTech IT as engineering course.

After 10 + 2, I would like to suggest you to go for Bachelor of Technology in information technology as it has wider opportunities and you can take admission to this course after qualifying the Engineering entrance test.
14th October 2017, 05:12 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Obviously one can join a bachelor of science in information technology course after passing 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry, mathematics and information technology as an additional subject.
Some institutes give admission on the basis of 12th percentage while some give admission on the basis of entrance exam marks.
14th October 2017, 05:33 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Admission into B.Sc IT course is open to those candidates who have completed 12th standard with atleast 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from any recognized board of education.
Admission procedure varies from college to college as some conducts their own entrance exams to grant admission and some prefer to admit candidates on the basis of their merit marks in the qualifying examination. However candidates are required to follow basic admission procedure i.e. buy the application form of a particular college by making payment for it and read the given instructions carefully and the fill the form with all the necessary details. Candidates may require to submit application form along with the following documents (Xerox copy):
>Class 10th and 12th standard mark sheet.
>Schooling leaving certificate.
>Domicile certificate.
>Cast certificate (if applicable).
>Medical certificate (if required).
Let me inform you that after getting admission into B.Sc IT course, you won't be able to do regular time job along with B.Sc IT course.
So, a part time job in any Good BPO/Call Center would be good option for you or you can also work as a freelancer in any online forum which will make you enable to earn some good amount.
14th October 2017, 05:46 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, Sir I want to ask that a commerce student can also try for BSc IT? As somebody said me. So, my queries is like that if I will choose BSc IT after 12th. So, guide me in proper manner then what? Step should I go by BSc IT in further. I mean directly after BSc. It what should I take? I want to continue my study in future, with side by side job in better company with best salary ever. Please Sir, waiting for your reply.

Those students who have passed 10+2 with science stream with physics, mathematics and English subjects are eligible to apply for the BSc Information Technology course. Some colleges admit those students who have passed 10+2 in any stream also. Interested students have to apply to the colleges online or offline as per the requirement. Some colleges conduct entrance examination for the admission and others admit students on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying examinations. Students are admitted to the course after the interview.
14th October 2017, 06:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very sorry to say that a Commerce background candidate cannot apply for B.Sc IT course as a Graduate degree course after the completion of class 12th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination in Science stream studying PCM as a subject combination from a recognized Board can apply for the B.Sc IT course.
Since you are from Commerce field, you can apply in any of the Commerce related Graduation course which will enhance your career in the respective field.
14th October 2017, 08:09 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The candidate must have passed in Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Other Diploma Courses with Mathematics and Statistics as one of the subject for admissions to B.Sc.(IT) Course.

The candidate should have secured at least 45% marks in aggregate in qualifying degree.
14th October 2017, 09:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Sc. IT course after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream. To be eligible to pursue B.Sc. IT course, you should have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board. Admissions in B.Sc. IT course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?