22nd January 2014, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS exam after scoring 65% in final year?

sir,i am biomedical engineer i got 65% in final year but my avg overall marks of all year is 54%.sir, am i eligible for ias exam?

9th February 2014, 09:53 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after scoring 65% in final year?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. In order to be placed in IAS or in any other civil services like
IPS
IFS,
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is going to conduct common written exam called civil services Exam.

This Entrance Exam is being conducted once in a year.

The complete selection procedure would include
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

Graduation is the highest level of academic qualification that is required for the candidates in order to apply for this Exam.

One thing I want to make you clear is that there is no percentage of marks criteria is required for the candidates at academic level or Graduation in order to apply for this Exam.

If the candidate has successfully completed Graduation which is more than enough in making the candidate to be eligible to apply for this Exam.

So, you don't need to worry about the percentage of marks that you scored in your Graduation with Bio-Medical Engineering.

Irrespective of your percentage of marks in Bio-Medical Engineering, you are eligible to apply for civil services Exam.

Check yourself the required age criteria to apply for this Exam.

21-30 years for General category.
21-33 years for OBC category
21-35 years for SC or ST category.

Choose the optional subject for Main Exam in which you are interested and where your strengths are being fully utilized.

Wish you all the best.
30th June 2015, 07:59 AM
unique99

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after scoring 65% in final year?

According to your question you are eligible to write IAS(Indian Administrative Services)entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Services)every year.Before applying you are to follow IAS eligibility given below.

IAS ELIGIBILITY:-

1.Any Graduate or a final year candidate from the recognized University/Institution having minimum pass marks can write UPSC conducted IAS entrance examination.

2.Age:General: 21-32 years, OBC: 21-35 years, S/C S/T:21-37 years.

3.Must be the citizen of India.

4.Attempts: General: 6 chances, OBC: 8 chances, S/C S/T: Unlimited.

To get selection candidates to clear:-

1.Preliminary exam.
2.Mains exam.
3.Interview.

To know detail: visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?