15th March 2015, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for B.Tech if I cleared 12th with commerce stream to become IAS in future?

Hi,

I m parth,I want to also know the syllabus of B.tech.if I can join it it include graduation? because I want to clear IAS exam after my graduation course so it greatly required.

16th March 2015, 12:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for B.Tech if I cleared 12th with commerce stream to become IAS in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I m parth,I want to also know the syllabus of B.tech.if I can join it it include graduation? because I want to clear IAS exam after my graduation course so it greatly required.
After completion of B.Tech degree, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Police Service. IAS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. IAS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts
16th March 2015, 07:09 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for B.Tech if I cleared 12th with commerce stream to become IAS in future?

No, you cannot apply for B.Tech course after completion of 12th standard with Commerce. To apply for B.Tech course, you must have completed 12th standard with Science stream. If you are interested to become an IAS officer, then, you can complete your Graduation in B.Com course and you can appear in IAS examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.
23rd March 2015, 04:14 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

if you have completed your higher secondary with commerce then you can not go for B.tech because for B.tech the minimum criteria is that you must complete your 12th with science + maths so you can not go for it, but yes of course you can go for IAS there is no such criteria in that.
You can prepare for it from any subject which you like geography, polity, sociology etc.
25th March 2015, 08:01 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem it is.

1.Sorry to say but cannot do B.tech.

2.Because to do B.Tech you must have studied 12th standard with science and maths subjects.

3.As you have took Commerce in 12th you cannot do B.Tech.

4.But you can do other other courses related to commerce like CA,B.Com etc,...

Hope this information is helpful to you...........

Have a nice day..............
27th March 2015, 01:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No friend you are not eligible for taking admission in B.Tech being done your 12th with commerce because for the course of B.Tech you must have done your 12th or equivalent degree course with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects .

Now as you are interested in becoming an IAS officer in future so you do not have to worry for B.Tech course because for IAS examination you just have to have a bachelor degree with any stream from a recognized university .

So you can go for your graduation first and then look for cracking the IAS exam you can fulfill your dream .

For the same exam you must have a citizenship of India and your age must lie within 21 years to 30 years .There is provision for age relaxation as per government rules too .
31st March 2015, 10:16 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

Yeah you can apply for B.Tech course which is a undergraduate course of 4 years duration and you after completing the degree you can apply for the IAS Exam.

The IAS exam is one of the Indian Civil Services and is conducted by UPSC every year. The educational qualification needed for the exam states that the candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university. Apart from the educational qualification the qualifications needed are:

>> Candidate should have a citizenship in India as per the Nationality standard.

>> Age limit needed is 21-30 years and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

The candidate who satisfy all these above criteria's is eligible for applying for the IAS Exam. The candidates are selected through 3 stages:
  1. Prelims Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

There are certain amount to attempts which is allowed for candidates and it is:

For SC/ST - No limit
For OBC - 7
For General - 4

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st March 2015, 10:33 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No , you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech to compete your graduation being a Commerce student in +2 .Only student with Science stream in +2 are eligible to get admission in .Tech.

But still your aim to be an I.A.S will come true by going for Graduation as B.Com .

The eligibility criteria for Civil Service Examination is the candidate must have graduation degree from a recognized university even final year candidates can also apply.
The age of candidates must be between 21-30 years for general category.
21-33 for OBC candidates.
21-35 for SC/ST candidates.

The examination pattern is :
1.Preliminary .
2.Mains.
3.Interview.

It is compulsory to qualify in each an every part to move to the next round .

So do not get depressed of not doing B.Sc Chemistry.
1st April 2015, 10:25 AM
Ashwakh

Actaully , the Students who have completed 12th with Maths as one of their subject , then they can join in B.tech . So , remember if you have taken Maths as one of your subject in 12th , then you can apply for Engineering entrance exams to join in B.tech.

** But , there is no such rule that , the candidates who have completed B.tech are only eligible to sit for the IAS exam .
** To apply for the IAS exam , the candidates who have completed Graduation ( B.tech , B.com , Bsc , Bba , etc..) from a Recognised university are eligible.

~~ It seems that , your main Aim is towards IAS exam .

~ So , if you are not eligible to pursue Engineering , then no need to worry about it . Go for Graduation like B.com , B.sc , etc and do it from a Recognised university .

After Graduation , you can apply for the exam

If you have taken Maths in 12th , then you can join in B.tech . And note that , in the Final year of B.tech , you can apply for the IAS exam . The candidates who are in the Final year of Engineering can also apply for the IAS exam .
4th April 2015, 11:07 PM
kunalroy89

You would not be eligible to apply for B.Tech after completing 12th from commerce.
To get admission in B.Tech,you need to have passed 12th from Science stream with the subjects Physics,Maths and Chemistry compulsory.
When your aim is to be IAS,then why go for B.tech after commerce.
You can actually appear for Civil Services Exam after graduation from any stream and not necessarily B.tech.
Your graduation subject is not of importance in setting the eligibility criteria.Your eligiblity would be same as that of a B.Tech or MBBS even after you complete B.Com.
So concentrate on your graduation from your stream and simultaneously prepare for Civil services exam.
Check out previous year papers and pattern of exam in thorough details from website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in
15th April 2015, 11:49 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

You cannot apply for B.Tech if you have cleared 12th with Commerce Stream.You can become IAS in future with Commerce stream also.You have to do complete graduation first then you will be eligible to apply for the IAS.There is no restriction for any stream.Any Stream candidate can apply for the IAS.You can apply for PSC Exams conducted by the State Government or can apply the UPSC condcted IAS Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?